By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Note to all who say "Iwata Must Go"

Tagged games:

1) Japanese companies, especially more insular companies like Nintendo (as opposed to more internationalized companies like Sony) do NOT promote from outside, not to their core leadership. This is not just about promoting foreigners from outside Japan, but about promoting people from outside the company hierarchy period. It's a very rare occurrence (compare to NoA, where Reggie was an outsider from VH1).

2) Pursuant to point 1, there's this well-researched thread from GAF (which we have discussed here before as well) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699964

Yellow = New to the board
Green = Moved up in the board

This means, as of now, everyone on the board owes their current position to Iwata, being either brought onto the board by him, or promoted higher in the board by him.

This means that, even if Iwata were to be forced out, this would only be a symbolic gesture, nothing more. Nothing would change, at least in terms of the leadership style or corporate culture at Nintendo.

This means that, if you are one of the ones who thinks that Iwata is the source of Nintendo's problems, then there are two alternatives which logically follow: A) Iwata is capable of fixing the problems that he got Nintendo into or B) Nintendo is screwed. There is no alternative. Nintendo's not going to bring in some "turnaround genius" from some other company (let alone some other foreign company). Nor is any realistically eligible candidate for the presidency going to do anything substantively different.

So please, for the sake of logical consistency, quit acting like Iwata's removal would do anything.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Don't like your tone there

Iwata is awesome. You never remove awesome....

This is a nice thread! I never knew thats how it worked with Nintendo! Thanks

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

HintHRO said:
Don't like your tone there

I think it's fine. There's a bit of irritation in the tone, but overall there aren't many negative emotions being shown, which doesn't detrack from the points he is making.

Around the Network

Firing Iwata was never about saving Nintendo. We just want to see him cry.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Iwata Must STAY.

I learned something new today about some practices in the Japanese market.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

This is a really informative thread!
I think Iwata has the best plan on how to get out of this.
The Wii U might not be the biggest success, but the wii on the otherside speaks for itself.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

It's not just Iwata. They all need to go.