By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - no HW boost in usa with watch dogs release? what happened?

Tagged games:

So a very acclaimed game that was heavily advertised didn't bring a rise for hardware purchases... something is wrong. Any suggestions for what is happening?

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I guess it just wasn't a system seller.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I think the PS4 was meant to dip on this months NPD. But the release of watch dogs did in fact sell systems. It just makes it equal to last months.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Looks like games are more and more selling to the already installed base, and WD probably did offset what might have been a 170k week for PS4 and 65k week for Xbone.
I think the enthusiast market is slowly starting to get saturated with next gens and now it's gonna take something more. Price cuts, big game like Destiny which due to it's gameplay mechanics and emphasis on player count should make next gen version purchase a no brainer, and of course exclusives, which both consoles are lacking this year.
That's just my take.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

how do you know it didn't? we have monthly numbers, not weekly.

Around the Network

There was a hardware boost!

The month of may usually have lower numbers than April(something like 40k less or more).

PS4's numbers for April ~199k and May ~197k.

So thanks to watch dogs the sales didn't drop 40k+ like usually would.

in other words, watch dogs boosted 40k(at least) on ps4.

OttoniBastos said:

The month of may usually have lower numbers than April(something like 40k less or more).

Hes speaking in real numbers. 199k to 197k is not a boost. No matter if you try spinning it, its still a loss.

jlmurph2 said:

Hes speaking in real numbers. 199k to 197k is not a boost. No matter if you try spinning it, its still a loss.

No, it's not. We don't know how much WD week boosted from previous week. Those are the numbers that matter, not MoM. That's not spin.

jlmurph2 said:
OttoniBastos said:

I'm not spinning.If watch dogs wasn't released last month PS4 would have fallen to 140-ish area for sure.

ArchangelMadzz said:
I think the PS4 was meant to dip on this months NPD. But the release of watch dogs did in fact sell systems. It just makes it equal to last months.

Yeah, it's obvious really but this thread wouldn't have legs if people didn't overlook the obvious. Let's see shall we?

The PS5 Exists.