By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Nobody Notice How Badly the 3DS Is Doing?

Tagged games:

As of late I've noticed many people shifting focus to the "Battle of the Big Three Home Consoles", but there's a problem brewing in the Handheld's case, seemingly under most people's noses. 

The 3DS has fallen from it's "glory" days, and fast. There was a time when it did around ~120k weekly, a healthy number. However, now it's yet to even find a baseline; falling from ~85k to ~76k quite quickly with no stop in sight. This is not good at all and paints an ugly picture for the future of the depressing state of the little Handheld that could. 

What's the problem here? I largely blame it on Nintendo's focus on the Wii U, a console that's future is most definitely set in stone already. (And it's not the best future.) Instead of helping the 3DS continue with healthy sales and generate a healthy profit they instead look to try and save an already slippery slope. The 3DS can have a good road ahead of it, but no one wants to see to it. Instead we cover our eyes and pretend that the terrible 3DS sales are just "okay" or "good enough."

We all need to take a look at the situation the 3DS is in and take off the blinders. Sure, it's not as bad as the Vita, but we shouldn't even be using that as a scale for how "good" the 3DS is doing in the first place. What has happened, in your opinion? What can Nintendo do to stop it, because there is a problem here.

Around the Network

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

the games aren't spewing out like they did last year

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

3DS has no games.  The only ones to look forward to are Theatrhythm Curtain Call and Super Smash Bros.

3DS will be the last sucessfull handheld

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Its definitely doing bad but it already is a success... It will sell over 60mil lifetime.

Besides SW sales are very good and its competition is nowhere close to it

I wonder when will Square Enix get their shit together and announce Dragon Quest XI for the 3DS!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Crap, this is gonna outshine my thread...

Yeah, I noticed it isn't doing as well as it used to. I'm not sure what happened though. Even in 2013, the biggest year for 3DS, it was in decline from 2012. I guess the peak was just earlier than normal.

tbone51 said:

Its definitely doing bad but it already is a success... It will sell over 60mil lifetime.

Besides SW sales are very good and its competition is nowhere close to it

It's not a success already. SW sales are just okay (even compared to the GBA) and HW sales aren't good. Selling over 60 Million is not a success. That means it'll be the worst selling Nintendo Handheld by a long run.

Also, like I said, we shouldn't be comparing it to the Vita. That thing is not a measure of success for the 3DS.

kupomogli said:

3DS has no games.  The only ones to look forward to are Theatrhythm Curtain Call and Super Smash Bros.

For you maybe

Besides wait intill after E3 :P

I'll admit though, first half of 2014 was dull