By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Child Of Light...

Tagged games:

Child Of Light is...

The best game ever 2 4.17%

Amazing 17 35.42%

Pretty good 14 29.17%

Good 10 20.83%

Average, there's much better games around. 5 10.42%

Kinda bad 0 0%

Just plain bad 0 0%

Total:48

So I'm gonna put it out there, Child Of Light is a pretty amazing game. One of the best games of this gen, up there with SM3DW & DKC:TF. (I only have a WiiU)

The soundtrack is the best I've heard for a while, it looks beautiful, has a good and interesting story and to top it off the gameplay is great! There has gotta be a lot of very good games to knock this out of my top games of the gen, maybe even all-time!

Has anyone else enjoyed it like I have? You looking forward to a sequel?

Around the Network

Here's my issue...and why I haven't continued playing:

Do you get anymore upgrades/abilities? I'm already flying around and I don't seem to be using the light for anything except opening treasure chests. Is the only real appeal to this game the blend of side scrolling with turn based RPG? When I got the sword I was stoked...and then I realized I wouldn't be using it in the real world and my excitement instantly turned to malaise.

Someone please get me excited to load this title up again...I just can't be bothered with it if it's just a glorified turn-based RPG.

Yes, it's great! It's no. 10 of my favourite Wii U games (8.5/10).

For those that didn't enjoy it: try to play it in hard difficulty.

I'm planning on picking it up when it hit Vita. Not enough turn-based RPGs being made, I want to support it.

It looks cool. I am going to pick up this and Transistor next and play through them.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Do you get anymore upgrades/abilities? I'm already flying around and I don't seem to be using the light for anything except opening treasure chests. Is the only real appeal to this game the blend of side scrolling with turn based RPG? When I got the sword I was stoked...and then I realized I wouldn't be using it in the real world and my excitement instantly turned to malaise.

Someone please get me excited to load this title up again...I just can't be bothered with it if it's just a glorified turn-based RPG.

The light, or Firefly can be used to slow down your opponent in combat letting you delay him or strike first. It can get quite tense in planning your strikes.

In the actual world you're essentially just exploring and looking for chests and the next town, but being able to fly and the just the music alone makes that fun.

I agree, it's pretty cool, though I haven't played for over a week now because... I don't know, stuff.

I just got my ass kicked in a certain boss just a moment ago. I'm loving this game a lot xD

It's pretty good, but I haven't played it in a while now...although I'm quite a bit toward the end (at least I think so), I can't seem to pick it up again.

LinkVPit said:
super_etecoon said:

The light, or Firefly can be used to slow down your opponent in combat letting you delay him or strike first. It can get quite tense in planning your strikes.

In the actual world you're essentially just exploring and looking for chests and the next town, but being able to fly and the just the music alone makes that fun.

I don't know if you've noticed, but you can also use it to heal a member of your party. Deciding whether to heal a party member or blind an enemy is pretty interesting. Not sure if it's a complete innovation, but I've never seen anything like it.