By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How did you get into gaming?

Tagged games:

What age were you etc..... Be as specific as possible or as vague as possible.

I got into gaming around 5 years old and my very first game was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back on the PS1. I got it as a birthday present from my mom and dad, and it's one of my fondest memories.

Around the Network

My sister, who's 2 years older, used to play a lot of super mario bros on the NES when she was 4 or 5. My parents say i used to sit there and just watch her play for hours. At some point, i started to play with her and MY ADDICTION BEGAN...yeah.

She still games (big pokemon and FF fan) but I am the true prodigy.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I was 5 and my uncle who was a programmer bought me a nintendo with mario. I was hooked ever since.

Fine I only wanted to know how theprof and Areym got into gaming anyway.

PS1 and the Gameboy color were the first systems I owned (I played most of the earlier systems as well). Pokémon, FFVII, tekken, crash, and mario really got me into gaming. I've been playing since I was 3 or 4.

Around the Network

Idk how old I was, but I started playing at my cousins house on the SNES, whenever I asked my parents for one they would always say just go play it at ur cousins, but they did end up getting me a N64 :). 

NobleTeam360 said:

We aren't enough for you?  I see how it is Noble.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I was five. I remember it like it was yesterday. I slept over at my cousin's house for like a week because my parents left the country to attend a funeral. I remember playing a bunch of games on my cousin's many systems.

I played Donkey Kong Country on his SNES, some Power Rangers side scroller, also on his SNES, an awesome snowboarding game that in retrospect had to be 1080 Snowboarding for the N64 even though something nagging me is making me think it was really a PSX game, and Ocarina of Time. I remember being super scared at night when creatures would come up from the ground to attack you, and I remember watching my cousin beat the game, escaping Ganondorf's collapsing tower while Zelda opened doors.

Absolutely fell in love with video games at that moment, so much so that I was depressed when I finally had to leave. Little did I know that waiting for me when I went home was an N64 with Super Mario 64 and Diddy Kong Racing, as well as an NES with what had to be 50+ games, including Super Mario Bros. 1,2, and 3, Mega Man IV, Mach Rider, Elevator Madness, TNMT, Excitebike, Duck Hunt, Bomber Man, and the original Legend of Zelda.

Suffice to say, it was no competition; my NES got more love. It was the greatest parenting moment my parents ever had weening me on what made Nintendo what it is today. It's a great treasure being able to see gaming evolve the way people much older than me did, and when I have a kid, his first system will be an NES too.

Areym said:
NobleTeam360 said:

We aren't enough for you?  I see how it is Noble.

Lol, I'll always need more. My hunger is insatiable.

Lol everyone started at 5