By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think of Nintendo's strategy?

Tagged games:

Good or Wrong?

Yes. 20 37.04%

It's cool, but for us. 8 14.81%

It sounded good at first... 2 3.70%

What the hell are you talking about? 10 18.52%

It's as dumb as the Wii U (pretty dumb) 14 25.93%

Total:54

If you haven't noticed, besides game releases and bundles, Nintendo's new strategy is to give us free games with the purchase of a new console and/or game through Club Nintendo (Like Wii Fit U on December [I think], Pokemon X/Y on March, and, next, Mario Kart 8), and it looks really cool and logical strategy at first. But Club Nintendo isn't PS+ or Xbox Live, or Steam, or Origin, or even remotely popular... It's good, we get a free game (yay), but nobody knows what Club Nintendo is (and you can't say the problem is the Wii U, 'cause they did it with the 3DS too). 

So what'cha have to say?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

2013 = Terrible
2014 = Great

But I do like it! It gives people incentives to buy a wiiu before july 31 and it pushes mk8 sales! It also gets people to potentially buy pikmen 3 dlc since most people probably choose that one

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They need a short-term strategy to get them out of this mess, and promotions like giving away a free game do help a lot in the short term.
But it could backfire too. The promotion could lure people in to play a handful of games and then leave them disappointed when they run out of things to play.

Question:
Good or wrong?

My answer:
YES
(because it either is good or not there is no option left)

btw i dont think saying "dumb as WiiU -> (pretty dumb) <- " is a good idea.

And YES I like free games.

JazzB1987 said:

Question:
Good or wrong?

My answer:
YES
(because it either is good or not there is no option left)

btw i dont think saying "dumb as WiiU -> (pretty dumb) <- " is a good idea.

And YES I like free games.

The word "dumb" is dumb

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Yes this is very very good! I'll be able to get my two most wanted Wii U games in one fell swoop, and I was already getting Mario Kart 8 for $10 on top of that!

It's smart, but they need to change up club Nintendo. I don't understand why it needs to be involved in the downloads at all.

I say they need better games out. I am 30 years old and nothing on the Wii U appeals to me. I bought a 3DS just for Zelda and would buy a Wii U for a new Zelda game, plus StarFox and Metroid.They need to hurry up already.

Giving download codes away is much cheaper for them than a $50 price cut.
I really hope they do a special promotion for Smash Bros. Wii U.

episteme said:
Giving download codes away is much cheaper for them than a $50 price cut.
I really hope they do a special promotion for Smash Bros. Wii U.

I think they will give us the 3DS SSB version.

And if you have registered the 3DS's version, you can download the Wii Us one.