By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has played Kingdoms of Amalur? You really should!

Tagged games:

Picked this game and its DLC up off Steam for $15 (pretty sure its readily available on X360 and PS3 as well).

It is fantastically good!  I am nearly 50 hours in, and I feel as though I am only around two thirds of the way through.  Such great combat, the story is complex and engaging, there are more side quests than you can poke a stick at (and pretty varied too), and the LOOT is amazing (the bane of your existence will be deciding what to keep and what to toss, a great problem to have).  

The game is still very pretty even if it was a 2011 release, the character models are all that look a little dated.

Such a shame that Big Huge Games went under over this title.  Hopefully EA resurects it one day - but I am not hopeful.

Discuss what you like most about the game, if you haven't played it buy it NOW.

Keep it spoiler free please I haven't finished!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I thought it was a ok. Wasn't fantastic but a fun game nonetheless. I give this game 6.6/10.^^

Got the game for free on PS3 via PS+ and played a bit and eventually lost all interest.

Might try it again eventually since it will continue to be available as long as my sub lasts, which is about another 7-8 months or so.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Combat was good.. the rest was a borefest.. fetch quest everywhere.... I was also very happy I spend like only 5 euro's on it..

the best part was:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I have the game but I never played it :P

Dont ask me how I got my hands on it though...

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Got the game for free on PS3 via PS+ and played a bit and eventually lost all interest.

Might try it again eventually since it will continue to be available as long as my sub lasts, which is about another 7-8 months or so.

Same here. Even still have it on my HDD, should probably just delete it.

Tried to get in it a couple times, I'm around 15 hours in, just doesn't hook me up at all.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I have, for about 15-20h. It's a good game with lots and lots of quests, but it soon began to feel too repetitive to me. Maybe I spoiled it for me by doing so many quests and hence being overleveled and very well equiped, which means there wasn't much of a challenge. The trolls were stronger, but easy to drop with reckoning mode on.

KingWithNoKrown said:
I have the game but I never played it :P

Dont ask me how I got my hands on it though...

You killed a little girl to get it?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I was interested in it initially, but the demo put me off. The world just didn't seem alive. I very much got an empty MMO vibe from it.

Lafiel said:
I have, for about 15-20h. It's a good game with lots and lots of quests, but it soon began to feel too repetitive to me. Maybe I spoiled it for me by doing so many quests and hence being overleveled and very well equiped, which means there wasn't much of a challenge. The trolls were stronger, but easy to drop with reckoning mode on.

I suspect this goes for a lot of people.

Some of the areas are level-locked.  That is, if you enter them the enemies in that area lock to your level.  So if you leave, forget about the area and it's quests for 5 hours, then come back, you dominate it.

That said, you can dynamically up the difficulty!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS