By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub PS+ Edition Will Have 5 Tracks (1 Country) and 10 Cars, Enough for Platinum, PS+ to FULL Upgrade Discount

Tagged games:

The PlayStation Plus Edition hasn’t changed. It’s hardly a demo because you get access to all of the game’s features online and offline. The difference is that you only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country (which gives you access to 5 tracks with 11 distinct variants).

Simply because the PlayStation Plus Edition doesn’t include all of the cars and tracks that you’ll need to complete DRIVECLUB Tour.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/#comment-505337

UPDATED (Rushy on GAF)

"The PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB will be available well into the new year, so no need to worry."

"There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edtion from the PS+ edition, but prices won't be announced for a few more weeks yet."

"- When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition content.
- You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.
- Rear-view mirrors as you've seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment - you'd be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.
- We are working on a photo mode, but that's all I can say about it right now.
- You guys wanted uncompressed footage and obviously the PS4 capture utilises some form of video compression to ensure the videos aren't ridiculously large (the raw direct feed videos we captured are 6GB for 2 minutes of footage).
- We're working on alternative solutions for trying to get the highest quality vids up online quickly by ourselves."

"No Split-Screen I'm afraid."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79403849&postcount=1714

Around the Network

Full game or nothing it is then

celador said:
Full game or nothing it is then

For a free edition I guess it is fine... 5 tracks is a good deal... some games have less than 15 tracks at full retail price.

Updated with more info from Rushy.

That's not bad at all ^^ Could be better, but could also be worse.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

- Rear-view mirrors as you've seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment - you'd be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.

Cars don't appear in mirrors ? Isn't this kind of lame ? Or there's something I didn't understand.

ethomaz said:

"No Split-Screen I'm afraid."

This is the dumbest thing to happen to racing games.  Half the fun was racing against a friend.  

Bail said:

Cars don't appear in mirrors ? Isn't this kind of lame ? Or there's something I didn't understand.

Cars yes. The interior of the cars won't show in the mirrors to have better visibility of the enviropment and others cars.

Like that.

I'm guessing that country will be UK.
I dont mind 10 cars as long as they are 10 good sports cars.

ethomaz said:

Bail said:

Cars yes. The interior of the cars won't show in the mirrors to have better visibility of the enviropment and others cars.

Like that.

I still dont get it.

So the cars appearing in the mirrors wont have transparent glass?