By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo made a Banjo deal with Micro, would you be interested?

Tagged games:

What should happen?

Nintendo secures rights t... 8 7.34%

Nintendo buys the series and makes B/K 3! 61 55.96%

RARE goes independent and... 6 5.50%

Xboxone B/K3 or spinoff game. 5 4.59%

Let the series die! 29 26.61%

Total:109

This is based on no facts whatsoever. I hope people didn't come here with the hopes of seeing some breaking news on this deal existing, because it doesn't. That being said I want to discuss this. I personally loved Banjo Tooie as a kid (I never played the original or the handheld game[s]). I know Microsoft made Nuts and Bolts and rereleased the N64 games on the 360 online shop years ago and I know many of the banjo faithful didn't like it (I personally never played it despite owning a 360 for a couple/few years). All this being said lets get to it.

Could Nintendo outright buy the rights to Banjo games? Potentially but I think Microsoft is going to have RARE work on some older titles soon and Banjo maybe one of them. 

Here is my idea though. Instead of allowing Nintendo to make Banjo 3 for the Wii U, they could make a compromise and Nintendo could pay Microsoft money to allow them to REMAKE the first two games for the Wii U. I'm not sure who technically owns the rights to the first two Banjo games (I assume Microsoft now because of the 1 and 2 redistribution) but regardless, would you guys be interested in a fully remastered 1080p, 60fps, windwaker style upgrade to the banjo games? 

Microsoft already made as much money as they probably will make off the original two games so they could see it as an easy way to make some extra cash from Nintendo for selling them the rights to this.

What are your thoughts?

Around the Network

Sure. It's not as if Rare has done jack diddly with the property. Nintendo would/could do more with it than the craptastic Nuts and Bolts.

For that matter, Nintendo should have bought the full rights to Killer Instinct. But oh well.

Ain't gonna happen. Microsoft likes games other people made more than what they make internally. Its an asset if it has sold over 2 million copies per, so they will not let this game go. They could sell the game, but they wont.

Not really. I enjoyed the first game and really like the characters in the game, but never played the 2nd.

Honestly, Nintendo already has a ton of platformers so no need for yet another one. Unless, they made another game and changed the genre to Adventure like a Zelda or something.

Most fans would say it'd be "ruined" if they changed it though.

My answer remains no.

I just want Banjo Kazooie 3, don't care what platform it's on!

Around the Network

Hmm... I enjoyed those games but I also got them on sale back then... So if its just a remake... Then probably not tbh

Either that or my nestalgia brain ain't working atm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I would love it, if it came to Wii U or went multiplatform.

I was so disappointed when they released Nuts and bolts, because I had so high hopes for BK3, and then they released that game.

I don't even think they will release a BK3 on X1. It's just sad. I really want this game. For me the BK series was like a mix of Mario and Zelda. I really liked it, the gameplay and the story.

But mark my words, I will buy an X1 IF MS/Rare do release BK3 for it.

I'd be interested in playing the first two on virtual console or a remastered version of these two games. But as for BK3, I think the magic has been forever lost so I would'nt get excited.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Yes, but only if it's a sequel to Nuts and Bolts.

Nintendo should come up with a list of Rare franchises that they would be willing to buy off Microsoft. Both BK and Conker would be good (perhaps Nintendo could get full rights to everything from Diddy Kong Racing). So would Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force would also be nice.

When it comes to BK and Conker, I already have ideas. I'd love to see Michel Ancel be offered BK for development on Nintendo systems (perhaps as a joint development between Ubisoft and Nintendo, rather than a pure Ubisoft development team), while I think Conker would be handled well by Platinum Games. I could also see Nintendo's partnership with Bandai Namco be extended following the release of Smash Bros, with them working on Killer Instinct.

Alas, it is almost guaranteed not to happen.