By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More than 100 things we've learned from the Metal Gear Series

Tagged games:

This is a little game I saw on imdb.com a couple of times on the message boards of silly movies like Knowing and I thought we could adapt it to the universe of Metal Gear Solid. The objective is to list some funs facts we've learned through the story of the Metal Gear Solid series. The best way to show what I mean is to start the list with a few things I've personally learned from the Metal Gear games:

1. The best time to sort out your relationship issues is during a highly dangerous mission that involves saving the president from a group of terrorists.
2. No matter how hot you are, one day you’ll grow old and undesirable
3. You can deflect bullets if you really believe you can (don’t try this at home… unless you really really believe you can)
4. If you pretend to be possessed by the arm you had grafted on your body everyone will believe you.
5. Raiden is so self-conscious that even when doing a front flip he takes the time to cover his genitals.
6. A British accent is something you can lose overnight.
7. Ninjas are cool, cyborg ninjas are even cooler.
8. Metal Gears are terrible war machines but a good soldier can dispatch several of them by himself
9. War has changed

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
  1. The best time to sort out your relationship issues is during a highly dangerous mission that involves saving the president from a group of terrorists.

Seriously. Shut the fuck up, Rose. I know it wasn't really Rose. Shut the fuck up, anyway.

I learned that it is possible to be more in need of an editor than Ayn Rand.

10. Bees are a perfectly legitimate weapon.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

11. Cardboard boxes should be viewed as dangerous unless proven otherwise.
12. With female soldiers, the higher the sex appeal, the more dangerous they are.

13. Grabbing crotchs is a perfect way to disable a male enemy.

14. Performing the same technique against a female will trigger an alarm.

Around the Network

15. Spamming a single button for five minutes is apparently  what passes for "gameplay" these days.

Troll_Whisperer said:

10. Bees are a perfectly legitimate weapon.

16. Bananas are an even more legitimate weapon.

17. the bug of year 2000 was a conspiracy to monitor people's activity (actually likely)
18. the world is ruled by a handful of very powerful people (actually true)

ryuzaki57 said:

18. the world is ruled by a handful of very powerful people (actually true)

MGS is awesome that's all you need to know.