By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 local multiplayer: 6 players in Vs. and battle mode, is this waiting for too much?

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 is already showing to be a incredible game and maybe will be the first wii u game to use the second gamepad, with a 4 player split screen on TV and the other 2 players using each one the gamepad screen, that will make this game be incredibly awesome. But I don't wanna hold in this believe and be dissapointed later, but if the 6 player come true and i'm not prepared i don't know if i could handle myself...

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

No, they never mention anything about the limit of players in local multiplayer

We reap what we sow

3/4 player mode already has graphical reductions and a lower frame rate. Not going to happen.

Considering they've already unveiled 4-player Grand Prix mode, they definitely would have said something about a 6th or even 5th additional player by now if they were going to implement it.

Mowco said:
3/4 player mode already has graphical reductions and a lower frame rate. Not going to happen.

maybe this problem will be fixed, sonic all star showed that even 5 players is possible

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Considering they've already unveiled 4-player Grand Prix mode, they definitely would have said something about a 6th or even 5th additional player by now if they were going to implement it.

this i dont know where the hell the OP is getting his info from or is it wishful thinking? Wii U isnt supporting 2 gamepads game comes out a motng and a half from now. Ninty would have said something if it did. I think we need to let that dream die.

160rmf said:
Mowco said:

maybe this problem will be fixed, sonic all star showed that even 5 players is possible

no one is saying it isnt possible just that Ninty isnt doing it

If its 6 player local coop. I will Jizz so hard that the next time it snows, it will taste sour!

But I think 6 players is too much imo... MK8 already looks beautiful, having 2 gamepad screens as well as 4 player split screen will rape the hardware! I don't think the wiiU has enough magical pixies in it to fuel all that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Einsam_Delphin said:

maybe they are holding this to revail later and catch everyone in surprise, that is what i fear

We reap what we sow

I am happy with 4th player Grand-Prix mode and some interesting Asynchronous mode for battle mode.