By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your least favorite Mario Kart game?

Tagged games:

Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Super Mario Kart 54 13.85%

Mario Kart 64 44 11.28%

Super Circuit 104 26.67%

Double Dash 68 17.44%

Mario Kart DS 31 7.95%

Mario Kart Wii 66 16.92%

Mario Kart 7 21 5.38%

Total:388

What the subject says... Which is your least favorite Mario Kart game? I will personally go with Mario Kart Wii. It wasn't a bad game by any means, but it truly felt like it lacked the magic from the earlier games. The tracks weren't really memorable  ( in fact, my favorite tracks from MKWii are DK Mountain which first appeared in Double Dash and Rainbow Road which appeared in every MK game).

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). The rubberband AI and the huge amounts of blue shells and  such can get pretty damn annoying, but the AI is nowhere as bad as in MK64 and the blue shell abuse is nowhere as bad as in MKDS!

Those are pretty much the only main issues I have with MKWii. It's not a bad game, but it could have been much better.... Oh, and the battle mode could have been much better, too!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Double Dash... That game is trash.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Super Mario Kart because of the controls and Mk64.
Mk64 just didnt age that well.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Moonhero said:

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). 

Your gaming taste is awful.

On topic: Mario Kart 64, with Mario Kart DS in a close second place. Aside from the annoying miniboost mechanics (both games), the course design is the worst in the entire series (64). Incredibly lame tracks like Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are far too long while unintended shortcuts make matters even worse.

Wario staudium wasn't bad but rainbow road I agree was too long and got boring. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). 

Your gaming taste is awful.

On topic: Mario Kart 64, with Mario Kart DS in a close second place. Aside from the annoying miniboost mechanics (both games), the course design is the worst in the entire series (64). Incredibly lame tracks like Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are far too long while unintended shortcuts make matters even worse.

Sure. If you say so, Rol!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't get the praise of Double Dash! here on VGC, to me it mostly had forgettable tracks which are the most important part of any Mario Kart game. Let alone some other pointless stuff in there.

But in any case, it's not my least favorite Mario Kart. That honor goes to Super Circuit. Aside from it having even less memorable tracks, it also handles badly. It's the only game where drifting actually makes taking turns less fluent.

64 < 7 < Wii < DS < Super < Double Dash! < Super Circuit

Moonhero said:

But any non-3d mk games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Either Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart 64.

The word that comes to mind for both of these games is "bland" and the sentence that comes to mind after that is, "Most overrated and nostalgia ridden games in the MK franchise."