Tagged games:

Which fps can replicate COD's Success

Halo will be back on top again 8 24.24%

Destiny is going to Bomb 6 18.18%

Titanfall has already bombed 5 15.15%

Battlefield is going to kill the competition 0 0%

All this is shit fps is dead 12 36.36%

Total:31

Lets find you which game can replicates success of Cod please let me know all the suggestions in comment section and please share it with your friends if you find it worth your time. In this article I talk about which all franchises have potential to become the next big fps. From the likes of Cod to Destiny. Most of the popular ips have been included what do you think about it please let me know.

http://www.illgaming.in/2014/04/an-analysis-into-the-fps-genre-and-its-future/

Around the Network

i still play old FPS games like UT, quake 3 and tribes more so then new ones. couldn't care less for the next big COD in the genre.

I think Destiny will be big but I don't see even that topping Cod at it's peak. I think Cod will decrease to a point, and sales will be spread out slightly more evenly across different IP's, like Destiny and Titanfall if it goes muliplatform.

I would argue that Halo is already a bigger franchise than Call of Duty; I'm not sure how Halo as a series can get any bigger than it already is. Other than going multiplat, I guess.

Titanfall had a chance at being the next Call of Duty, but the choice of limiting it to Xbox platforms, and then delaying it on the 360 (where it would have been more successful) are two very dumb choices.

I agree with the Battlefield and Destiny analysis though. Most people like the small maps and more arcade-y feel of Call of Duty games. Battlefield has always been the opposite. I think we are seeing now with the Battlefield 3 and 4 maps that EA is slowly turning Battlefield into Call of Duty -- opting to scale down on the destruction and having some smaller maps with no vehicles in them. Effectively taking away the essence of Battlefield.

Destiny will be the next Call of Duty. Absolutely.

spurgeonryan said:
celador said:
I think Destiny will be big but I don't see even that topping Cod at it's peak. I think Cod will decrease to a point, and sales will be spread out slightly more evenly across different IP's, like Destiny and Titanfall if it goes muliplatform.

Will Destiny be bigger than Titanfall?

@Figgycal

No way! Halo 5 was forgotten pretty quickly, but even the lame Ghosts is still being played. Reason?

The multiplayer wasn't very good.

Around the Network

FPS games need to die.
same bland lifeless garbage over and over again.

Need a true to life FPS if you are going to make one.
We need a TRUE Remake of Goldeneye 64

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
spurgeonryan said:
celador said:

Will Destiny be bigger than Titanfall?

As long as Destiny is mulitplatform and Titanfall isn't then definately.  Do you not agree?

spurgeonryan said:
toot1231 said:
FPS games need to die.
same bland lifeless garbage over and over again.

Need a true to life FPS if you are going to make one.
We need a TRUE Remake of Goldeneye 64

Did you not play Goldeneye Wii? Had the same spirit of the original, minus the amazingly fun glitches.

It was a bland Call of Duty clone.

I played the first stage Dam and the only thing that went through my mind was

"this is not goldeneye"

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

The only good FPS is NOLF.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

It'll probably order like this this gen.
1. Call of Duty
2. Halo
3. Titanfall
4. Destiny