By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Metroid Spinoff?

Tagged games:

Would you buy a Metroid Spinoff?

Yes! 36 57.14%

No. 11 17.46%

Maybe? 14 22.22%

Total:61

Galactic Federation Warfare, the game is a solid FPS game with amazing storyline, Samus makes a cameo, and overall almost as fun as Metroid Prime Series. would you buy this?

Around the Network

yes

...if it was good, why not?

No. The last thing we need to do is dilute a franchise that already doesn't get enough love (although I know many of you would beg to differ).

And marketing this type of game as a Halo or COD is just silly, too. You're not going to woo over any FPS fans with a spinoff to a Nintendo game. The only people you'll likely pick up are Metroid fans, and I have a feeling most of those wouldn't bite. We play Metroid to be Samus, not a fricking grunt like in ever other FPS shooter on the market.

Please stop trying to recreate Nintendo in everyone else's image. We like that they are unique.

super_etecoon said:
No. The last thing we need to do is dilute a franchise that already doesn't get enough love (although I know many of you would beg to differ).

And marketing this type of game as a Halo or COD is just silly, too. You're not going to woo over any FPS fans with a spinoff to a Nintendo game. The only people you'll likely pick up are Metroid fans, and I have a feeling most of those wouldn't bite. We play Metroid to be Samus, not a fricking grunt like in ever other FPS shooter on the market.

Please stop trying to recreate Nintendo in everyone else's image. We like that they are unique.

Not making it a CoD or Halo clone. Nintendo has the capability of greating a far more enriching FPS type game, and have elements seen in the Prime series and improved. Imagine being able to pilot your own gunship, upgrading to a Phazon powersuit, and limitless customizations.

Around the Network

Only if I got to play as a space pirate. Being the bad guy is fun.

Stll waiting for the Legend of Ganondorf, Super Wario 3D World, etc

Samus Aran said:

What if you can choose between Galactic Federation or Space Pirate at the start of the game? That way you can enjoy trying out either or both factions out.

hell yeah.

Click HERE and be happy 

Samus Aran said:

Be a neat idea.

Raid a space ship or a colony.

Collect resources.

Build an army/armada.

Fight the Galatic Federation.

Final Boss is Samus.

Make the plot a what if scenario.....so to keep the canon intact.

It would basically be Assassin's Creed IV but in SSSSPPPPPPAAACCCCEEEEEE!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Depends... If Retro makes it, sure! If Team Ninja makes it... Nope

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850