By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Here's why I'm fine with Titanfall having no single player campaign.

Tagged games:

I got over a hundred games in my backlog with single player campaigns.

But how many games do I have with great competitive multiplayer? Uhhh... few! In fact, few exist!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I don't see how the two are related...

Good to know

Great multiplayer games have almost endless replay value. Always good to have a game you can fall back to when you want.

Umm... ok.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Around the Network

I'm fine with it because I don't play single player. Infact, I'm mrs than fine, I'm happy. cod everything on the cod titles in the topic of game memory is wasted GB's as I go straight to the multi player and never look back..... can't remember the last time I played games for single player/story.......and all that BS

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Now it just needs some multiplayer content, gameplay may be good but the games lack of content and the way its all set up is terrible compared to the big FPS franchises.

I have no games that start with a T in their title in my backlog. Does this make Titanfall a better game?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Cool story bro...
Tell me how TitanFall plays 5/10/15 years down the road when the servers have been taken down, ok?

That's fine and all, but it's rather subjective, isn't it? I personally prefer Single Player by a mile. I play MP every now and then, but I never stick to it. I played Battlefield 4 for example about one month and lost interest. (Got the Platinum though, yai! :P) The only thing I played longer was Counter-Strike but only because I was a poor student back then and couldn't afford any new games, lol.

But that doesn't mean I have a problem with MP only games. I don't have to play them in the end and I think it's a good thing that we have such a great diversity of games today. There's something for everybody. You just shouldn't waste your time with games that don't interest you.

Oh, but there's one thing you can't excuse: The fact that Titanfall is published by EA. :P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.