By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions Presents....Terraria (PC) Review!

Tagged games:

What would you give this game on a score rating of 1-10?

10 3 33.33%

9 1 11.11%

8 2 22.22%

7 2 22.22%

6 1 11.11%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:9

story=3/10? it has a story?

Around the Network

I really want to get this on Vita. It looks fun.

Would you recommend this to someone who isn't a huge Minecraft fan?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Why does it score so low on story? Does every video game NEED a story? I think not. Certain games are just meant to be played. How would you score Megaman 2, Super Mario Bros 1/3, the original Legend of Zelda or Pacman? These games has a premise, but not really a story.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:
Why does it score so low on story? Does every video game NEED a story? I think not. Certain games are just meant to be played. How would you score Megaman 2, Super Mario Bros 1/3, the original Legend of Zelda or Pacman? These games has a premise, but not really a story.

Even if it has somewhat of a story whether it be weak or not, its still relevant because

Story
-Plot or Story of the game
-Character Impact in the Plot
-Dimensional/Environmental Impact in the Plot
-Opening
-Midway
-Climax

And yes I have rated Mario 1-3 with it too ;o

Only genres I usually never rate storyline are Racing games and Sports games (with Puzzle games as well unless there is a narration).

I actually think that you should be able to apply every criteria to every game, and not change the criteria =) isn't it a bit of cheating to not uphold racing games to the same standards as every other game? ;)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:

I actually think that you should be able to apply every criteria to every game, and not change the criteria =) isn't it a bit of cheating to not uphold racing games to the same standards as every other game? ;)

Not really unless you want every Mario Kart game to be 70 or below. (Cause those are mainly the only Racing games I play :P)

I prefer to use the term "content" instead of story, since there's quite a few games that don't have a story - only a premise of why you're doing what you're doing. That way "sory" can be incorporated into "content", since it's based on what there is to be experienced in the game =)

Amazing game, clocked quite a few hours in it!
I agree with the ones saying that detracting score due to lack of story is a bit unfair though; no one should expect one. You don't get a story in Team Fortress 2 either, it's all about the gameplay, same as Terraria.
Not all games need stories, and this is coming from a man who places good writing near the very top of the list of most important aspects of games and gaming.

Also been looking at Risk of Rain, looks challenging and fun and with really good replay value. Otherwise, I can really recommend Rogue Legacy!

BasilZero said:
DanneSandin said:

I prefer to use the term "content" instead of story, since there's quite a few games that don't have a story - only a premise of why you're doing what you're doing. That way "sory" can be incorporated into "content", since it's based on what there is to be experienced in the game =)

Except when I dwell into story it isnt always based on a narration, the environment, character impact, etc plays a role in the scoring as well. Content for me is rated through Gameplay, Length and Replay Value.

GamePlay
-Basic Gameplay Mechanics
-Extended Gameplay Mechanics
-Difficulty
-Camera Control
-Bugs/Glitches

Length
-Length of the Storyline
-Length of the Extra modes
-Length of Gameplay/Content
-Number of hours input

Replay Value
-Post Game Content
-Number of hours input

I guess we're both looking for the same thing, only in different ways then =)

BasilZero said:
AZWification said:

Would you recommend this to someone who isn't a huge Minecraft fan?

Yes. I dont like Minecraft that much but I still enjoyed Terraria :P

Highly recommend the PC/Steam version cause its cheap and small (in size its like 100-200 MB) - also you can host your own server and/or join other people's servers (public) or your friends' servers (shared).

I am really tempted to try it  out simply because I want to discover all those old-school cameos/ easter eggs. Sounds pretty nice!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

How are you beating these games so fast :O