By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games and movies have the best 3D?

Tagged games:

So, I just ordered a Sony KDL-60R550A TV. I've never been big on 3D, and I mainly bought the TV because it had the lowest input lag in its price range (31ms) that I could find. Numerous threads say that the 3D technology is right up there with Vizio and LG TVs, which are arguably better than what you'll see in most theatres. Since it's a feature, I might as well take advantage of it right?

Has anyone done any 3D gaming and/or movie watching? I have a lot of 3D movies and I believe a few 3D games, so I'd like to compile a nice list of both to try out. Thanks!

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Wow. No one here games in 3D?

I don't either, but I remember reading that trine 2 looks great in 3D. As for movies, Avatar would be the most obvious choice. I also hear that Tangled becomes even more gorgeous when watched in 3D.

From my experience in games: Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, Enslaved, Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend Of Zelda OoT 3D, and Link Between Worlds all have good 3D.

Avatar, Gravity, Tintin, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2, Titanic, Tron Legacy, Prometheus, Jurassic Park, Dredd, Life of Pi, and Hugo.

Games are aren't as good usually when they look great in 2D. Uncharted 3 for example is certainly fun in 3D, but it's not "wow." Stay away from the AC games as well, since they use a depth map instead of stereoscopic rendering.
I'd recommend less graphic intensive games such as Trine 2, Super Stardust Delta, Wipeout, and most importantly Puppeteer. Puppeteer in 3D is so incredible that it made the game one of my all time personal favorites.

Talking from personal experience.

Movies with great 3D: Prometheus, Gravity, Avatar, The Amazing Spider Man

Games with great 3D: Socom 4, Uncharted 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3, Trine 2 Directors Cut (PS4).

Also played Killzone 3, Wipeout HD, Gran Turismo 5 but all those much more ghosting than the mentioned before (which is in big part a issue of my TV, so you may have a better experience with them).

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Avatar, Gravity, Tintin, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2, Titanic, Tron Legacy, Prometheus, Jurassic Park, Dredd, Life of Pi, and Hugo.

Games are aren't as good usually when they look great in 2D. Uncharted 3 for example is certainly fun in 3D, but it's not "wow." Stay away from the AC games as well, since they use a depth map instead of stereoscopic rendering.
I'd recommend less graphic intensive games such as Trine 2, Super Stardust Delta, Wipeout, and most importantly Puppeteer. Puppeteer in 3D is so incredible that it made the game one of my all time personal favorites.

Ooh Puppeteer sounds like it would be awesome in 3D. I have it and wasn't planning on playing it for a while, but I think I might just start it next weekend. Thanks for the movie suggestions as well. I'll probably only re-watch Tintin, and I'll need to get Cloudy With a Chance of meatballs 2 now. I'm also waiting to watch Thor: The Dark World for when the TV arrives.

d21lewis said:
From my experience in games: Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, Enslaved, Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend Of Zelda OoT 3D, and Link Between Worlds all have good 3D.

Maybe 3D will get me to finally finish Enslaved then.

Trine 2 is in 3D? On which console? I'll have to check it out.

Oh, forgot Black Ops had okay 3D and Halo Anniversary looked pretty good to me.

d21lewis said:

Trine 2 Director's Cut on the PS4, there should be a free demo in the PS Store (there was in EU) and it has amazing 3D maybe the best I have seen in a game.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Kung Fu Panda 2 was probably the only one I saw that was better in 3D (tho I have seen few in 3D so meh)

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

eFKac said:
d21lewis said:

Trine 2 Director's Cut on the PS4, there should be a free demo in the PS Store (there was in EU) and it has amazing 3D maybe the best I have seen in a game.

Wait a goddamn minute. My PS4 supports 3D now!?