By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo on facebook - Year of Yoshi?

Tagged games:

2014/2015 will be the Year of Yoshi.

Yes, that is great. 42 57.53%

Yes, I don't like it. 17 23.29%

No, that's good. 7 9.59%

No, but I would like it. 6 8.22%

Total:72

Between some stupid memes and advertisement Nintendo posted some pictures on facebook which are interesting in my eyes. They posted artworks and screenshots of Yoshi's New Island. Nothing special. And then they asked this:

Yeah, just because the release of Yoshi's New Island is around the corner. Maybe...
But then they followed this nostalgia with:

Hints? Or just nothing important? Maybe we will see the Year of Yoshi this time. What do you think? Would you like it?

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

It will be the Year of Epic Fail.

I am sure a non Nintendo fan would call it much worst lol.

Unfortunately I think Nintendo will announce the Year of Yoshi, and it's one of the stupidest things they could do right now. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but even I know that a Year of Yoshi will do absolutely NOTHING to help Nintendo right now. There's plenty of fans that won't even care, let alone non-diehard Nintendo fans. They need to be focusing on getting the Wii U in the game, not wasting any effort on something pointless.

I would like it. I would prefer year of Metroid / Zelda, but if they give me Yoshi i wouldnt be mad.
Maybe 2015 is Zelda or Metroid year!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

If it means Yarn Yoshi arrives this year, I'm all for it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
If it means Yarn Yoshi arrives this year, I'm all for it.

This

Considering how much both me and my kids love Kirby's Epic Yarn, if this means Yarn Yoshi, it might just push me to buy WiiU before I intended to.

This is most likely related to the release of the 3DS game.

HyrulianScrolls said:
Unfortunately I think Nintendo will announce the Year of Yoshi, and it's one of the stupidest things they could do right now. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but even I know that a Year of Yoshi will do absolutely NOTHING to help Nintendo right now. There's plenty of fans that won't even care, let alone non-diehard Nintendo fans. They need to be focusing on getting the Wii U in the game, not wasting any effort on something pointless.

Uhhhhhhh... it's not like this would be some kind of massive undertaking that would require a huge amount of effort.  They just need Iwata to spend two minutes of a Direct on it, and then have an intern do the promotional materials...  It would help build some buzz for the upcoming games.

This has got to be the worst kept secret ever. xD