By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8's Blue Shell will travel along the ground! <(^_^<)

Tagged games:

So what do ya think about this? Good news!?

Heck yeah!!! 39 73.58%

Naw mawn... 14 26.42%

Total:53

Mario Kart 8's Blue Shell:

Mario Kart 7's Blue Shell:

Mario Kart Wii's Blue Shell:

Mario Kart DS's Blue Shell:

Mario Kart Double Dash's Blue Shell:

Notice something? That's right! Once the Blue Shell lost it's wings again in Mario Kart 7, it traveled along the ground. Since Mario Kart 8's Blue Shell also doesn't have wings, it's safe to say it will work in the same way as MK7, meaning it travels along the ground where possible. I'd definitely say this is a good thing, as it adds more balance to the Blue Shell since it can also hit other people rather than only whoever's in first place. My guess as to why we haven't seen it in action yet is because they have to map it's path along each track, but that requires the tracks to be 100% completed first. Same with the Bullet Bill, although why no Starman will forever remain a mystery it seems!

Around the Network

Ehh, winged Blue Shells didn't bother me all that much, makes the game more dynamic and unexpected. Though, I do like the whole "hit everyone ahead" part MK7, but it should actually aim at everyone ahead, not just travel in the middle. Will make things more fun that way.

forethought14 said:
Ehh, winged Blue Shells didn't bother me all that much, makes the game more dynamic and unexpected. Though, I do like the whole "hit everyone ahead" part MK7, but it should actually aim at everyone ahead, not just travel in the middle. Will make things more fun that way.

Winged or not, Blue Shell is still Blue Shell! And no way it's OP enough as it is! Being able to avoid it is what makes it sensible enough! Besides the Lightning Bolt does that already.

Great! Nintendo made it out to be an even bigger torture device, than it already is.
So... going along the ground, taking some poor innocent drivers with it.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Zisbest said:

Great! Nintendo made it out to be an even bigger torture device, than it already is.

Yeah, how bout those poor innocent drivers with their fire balls, bombs, and thunderbolts! xD

Around the Network

You skipped N64 which is also no wings along the ground. It was also the last time it was OP. Its really not that good any more except for trolling 1st

ktay95 said:
You skipped N64 which is also no wings along the ground. It was also the last time it was OP. Its really not that good any more except for trolling 1st

I didn't skip it, there was just no need to talk about it for what I was getting at. Also, I hardly even remeber the Blue Shell being very prominent in that game, and to say it's not that good anymore is pure insanity!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Zisbest said:

Yeah, how bout those poor innocent drivers with their fire balls, bombs, and thunderbolts! xD

Yeah you know what I'm talking about... minding their own business, maybe having some ice cream and stuff, when suddenly:

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

My favorite one is the N64 though. It didn't explode at the end but it cleared the track from anyone that got in its way on the way to first.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
My favorite one is the N64 though. It didn't explode at the end but it cleared the track from anyone that got in its way on the way to first.

MK7 and presumably MK8 Blue Shells also do this, only with a big explosion once the target is reached! That only makes it more OP, but this is actually also good for balance as again it's another way to hit people asside from first place.