By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

This is straight from Major Nelson's blog:

Coming soon – purchase Xbox One in the U.S. and get Forza Motorsport 5

Starting at select retailers next week in the U.S., a digital copy of Forza Motorsport 5 will be included with purchases of Xbox One for the retail price of $499.99 for a limited time. Hailed by critics and consumers alike as the best-looking and most realistic racing game of this, or any other generation, Forza Motorsport 5 has been embraced by Xbox One fans worldwide, becoming the best-selling racing game by console attach over the past decade.

In our quest to delight fans, we wanted to give even more people the chance to experience their ultimate car fantasy.
Check with your local retailer for details.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network

Man, things must be pretty dire for February. Still, not good enough.

they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the titanfall bundle

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

My only question is will Sony counter. If Microsoft continue to bundle in free digital copies to increase "value", will Sony begin to digital bundle Killzone and Knack (which I think would be smart)? At 399.99 that would still be a better value.

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around here is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.] <---- I do this because Fanboys suck.  I'm going to tell it how it is.

NPD February numbers seems to be worst than Janyary... and yeap the companies already weekly estimations.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the Knack bundle

Fixed. Of course they can't sell Titanfall, It's not out yet.

GotBoth said:
My only question is will Sony counter. If Microsoft continue to bundle in free digital copies to increase "value", will Sony begin to digital bundle Killzone and Knack (which I think would be smart)? At 399.99 that would still be a better value.

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around her is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.]

No, Sony doesn't have to do anything other than supply consoles. The Titanfall bundle will help but not by much, only an actual price cut will actually improve things long term. Personally, I'll wait till the X1 is cheaper than the PS4 as I'm not as stupid as MS hopes I'd be and I absolutely refuse to pay more for an inferior product.

Nintentacle said:
deskpro2k3 said:
they cant sell it so they're giving it away. just like the Knack bundle

Fixed. Of course they can't sell Titanfall, It's not out yet.

No, it's illogical to compare it to Knack since they're completely different situations. Knack is mediocre game that Sony bundled in one region (Japan) as an apology for launching months after everywhere else. MS is giving away two of their premiere exclusives for free. Yea, not the same.

Is this on top of Titanfall, or just a separate bundle?

Either way, these bundles are definitely increasing the value of the Bone. In fact, every console manufacturer should pack in a game at launch for their consoles. I think that's a great move. But nothing in my opinion will beat a price cut. People look at the price first and foremost. Just let them choose what game they want to buy with the saved money rather than bundling a game of your choice.

GotBoth said:

[SN: This is my second post, so my common disclaimer until I'm known around here is: I have X1 and PS4; And, I traded two PS3s and all the games I had for them to not have to spend much on this generation. Wish I still had my PS3s because I haven't really played in weeks.] <---- I do this because Fanboys suck.  I'm going to tell it how it is.

That is a issue for the consumers when you have high demand... Sony will sell even if there is no deal or the price is high than retail... so don't expect any counter from Sony... they didn't need because even with the free game the PS4 is still a better deal.

UltimateUnknown said:

Is this on top of Titanfall, or just a separate bundle?

Either way, these bundles are definitely increasing the value of the Bone. In fact, every console manufacturer should pack in a game at launch for their consoles. I think that's a great move. But nothing in my opinion will beat a price cut. People look at the price first and foremost. Just let me choose what game they want to buy with the saved money rather than bundling a game of your choice.

Major Nelson said it's a different bundle. It does not apply to the TItanfall bundle.