By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall (Xbox360) is secretly amazing?

Tagged games:

I think it is, because:

1. It's made by Bluepoint games. Everything they've made has been amazing and well received.

2. It was delayed for "polish". I think thats BS because they probably realized that the 360 and the X1 versions were near identical and wanted to maximize on X1 sales, and if by chance it is true then that just means it will look even better when released.

3. I don't think theres anything the X1 version has over it other than maybe slightly better visuals. I mean it's not in 1080p, it's still 6v6, maps will be the same size and the visuals don't look stunning anyways, the 360 should be able to handle it.

Well... Am I the only one thinking this?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

I think it is, because:

1. It's made by Bluepoint games. Everything they've made has been amazing and well received.

2. It was delayed for "polish". I think thats BS because they probably realized that the 360 and the X1 versions were near identical and wanted to maximize on X1 sales, and if by chance it is true then that just means it will look even better when released.

3. I don't think theres anything the X1 version has over it other than maybe slightly better visuals. I mean it's not in 1080p, it's still 6v6, maps will be the same size and the visuals don't look stunning anyways, the 360 should be able to handle it.

Well... Am I the only one thinking this?

It was already confirmed that the 360 version looks amazing(for a 360 game), and it looks very close to the XBone version. This is why the 360 version was pushed back, you already said that on point 2;  and it's a very well known fact that the PC version blows away both Console versions.  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Not amazing, but maybe a little too similar? If they were worried enough to delay it then that tells you something. On the other hand the delay is only two weeks. Not that big a delay.

This must mean that Watch Dogs 360 is secretly amazing too.

Look l f course it's amazing it's TF... But it won't be as much than on XBO... Frame rate will dip more or visual will be lowered...and in any case there will be no chance of a patch for high red texture... In other word buying TF on 360 us valid only if you really don't plan on buying a one or not any time soon... Unless they do the 10 bucks upgrade they did for COD and other games at launch...

but anyway pretty sure you'll have a difference somewhere... On specs alone even with master devs you can't make the 360 ram and gpu bigger than it is...

and the push back because they are scared is just silly... But anyway every time you'll have people seeing signs where there is none to see...

Around the Network

It's the same as with every cross-gen game this far. You won't miss anything if you buy it for the old consoles. You just get better grfxxx on newer hardware and only barely. Only exception would be battlefield 4, where you can finally join 64 player matches on consoles. But other than that? No big differences at all. And we already know that Xbox Fans don't care about graphics all that much, judging by what they are saying in many comparison threads.... Lol, I kid, I kid. *scnr* ^^

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

endimion said:
Look l f course it's amazing it's TF... But it won't be as much than on XBO... Frame rate will dip more or visual will be lowered...and in any case there will be no chance of a patch for high red texture... In other word buying TF on 360 us valid only if you really don't plan on buying a one or not any time soon... Unless they do the 10 bucks upgrade they did for COD and other games at launch...

but anyway pretty sure you'll have a difference somewhere... On specs alone even with master devs you can't make the 360 ram and gpu bigger than it is...

and the push back because they are scared is just silly... But anyway every time you'll have people seeing signs where there is none to see...

And not saying there won't be some differences but at the end it's going to be minimal. Cross gen games never use the true power of the current gen console.

And how is it "silly"? You think MS is above doing something like that? It's a smart business strategy to move the slow selling X1 off the selves.

yeah but I don't think launching at 2 weeks interval will change anything in people's mind... the one already set on buying the 360 version will not buy an Xbox one anyway for TF.... while I understand the argument from a business point I think it is invalidated by the fact that customer minds won't be shifted one way or the other this early in the generation if they have made their decision and the one on the fence are probably a micro fraction that won't change much to the numbers anyway.... so no I don't think there is any master plan behind it.... because I'm convince that it is not a plan that would change anything to the numbers....

2 extra weeks to save up for the One lol. I'm sure they are hoping that anyway tho

In there lies my gripe with Titanfall. It doesn't really scream next gen. It screams awesome, fast paced, multiplayer extravangaza but if your older model can pull off the game, then the only difference lies in graphics and framerate/resolution.

If it was advertised as only possible on the Xbox one (and PC in tiny letters) then it would feel more compelling. That being said, PC version for me.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian