By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Trilogy could be remastered for Xbox One and PS4

Tagged games:

Would you buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for a next gen console?

Definitely for Xbox One 19 15.32%

Definitely for PS4 68 54.84%

Why would I want to play that rubbish again? 22 17.74%

Series of last generation... 15 12.10%

Total:124

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/03/mass-effect-trilogy-may-be-remastered-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

BioWare is discussing the possibility of remastering the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4 and Xbox One.

The news comes from the general manager of the developer's Edmonton and Montreal studios Aaryn Flynn, who revealed on Twitter that the topic had been brought up internally though nothing solid has been decided.

While a remastered re-release of the original Trilogy could still happen, it's unclear how long it would take to create, seeing as most of the studio is presumably hard at work on the upcoming next installment in the franchise.

I think this would be fantastic - presumably I will have at least one, if not both, of the consoles by the time this is done (minimum 18 months from the decision being made I would think).  If not I would definitely leap in if they contracted a studio to do an effective port of the entire trilogy for the price of one game!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

That would be my third time owning ME2. I'm good. I'd rather just play the next game in the series.

And...no WiiU?

Wright said:

And...no WiiU?

Wii U haz no power even though it can handle it. Also the sales are low just like Xbox One...

I would buy this without even batting an eye. I just hope that if they do make it, they fix the frammerate issues that the original Mass Effect had.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Wright said:

And...no WiiU?

Wii U haz no power even though it can handle it. Also the sales are low just like Xbox One...

They will say the WiiU isn't powerful enough for Mass Effect Trilogy and EA will continue to ignore Nintendo...

Nintentacle said:
Wright said:

And...no WiiU?

If the Wii U could simply move 3rd party software as well as the X1, it would get better support.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

As long as they don't remaster it like how SE did Tomb Raider: Slutty New Face Edition, then I say go for it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Why not just give us a new mass effect? I would not repurchase, no thanks EA.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:
Wright said:

And...no WiiU?

They will say the WiiU isn't powerful enough for Mass Effect Trilogy and EA will continue to ignore Nintendo...

Exactly.