By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch dogs release date outed

Tagged games:

Watch Dogs will be released on June 30, if a new listing on the Sony Entertainment Network is to be believed.

The listing, which also prices the digital version of the game at $59.99, could have been put up early ahead of an imminent announcement, or it could be a placeholder to enable pre-orders. The possibility of a mistake also can't be ruled out.

Ubisoft delayed Watch Dogs just a month before the game was supposed to come out in November 2013, which in turn led to us chatting to the developer about quite why this was done.

Despite a scare last month when the game's trademark was abandoned, Ubisoft since explained that such a move was the result of fraud, before successfully getting the trademark restored.

Seeing as the game is expected to release on consoles and PC in the second quarter of the year, there's every possibility that a June 30 release date is real. We've reached out to Ubisoft for comment and will update the story when we hear back.

Source: ign

i think i'm in the minority when i say i'm still really hyped for this game. Hopefully this is the release date, because we need to hear some sort of news one the game.

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Around the Network

but june 30 is way too late.

A monday and accidently the last day of Q2? Placeholder, nothing to see here.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

i know someone working at ubisoft mtl right now. and it seem that the game is far far far away to be done!

aviggo77 said:
but june 30 is way too late.

if that is the date, it will release with absolutly no competition for a few weeks, similiar to what happened TLOU last year. 

Me gusta queso 

Around the Network

june 30.
great end of school game then.
Not sure if it's the best date though.

kowenicki said:
Good chance this game dies and never appears.... seriously.

i hope the delays were fucking worth it :/

Me gusta queso 

Well, at least Ubi will have another E3 to try to regain some of the lost hype for this game.

But it doesn't look good.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Well, at least Ubi will have another E3 to try to regain some of the lost hype for this game.

i think the're gonna have a massive hype machine going, from about e3 to release date  (if this date is right) 

Me gusta queso 

Rychussnik said:
JEMC said:

i think the're gonna have a massive hype machine going, from about e3 to release date  (if this date is right) 

I've never had a doubt about Ubi spending a lot of money on advertising. The question is if it will work or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.