By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break. An exciting new way of playing games!!

Tagged games:

How excited are you?

Can't wait for this!!! 26 66.67%

Where is the pre-order button???? 13 33.33%

Total:39

Since E3 last year I've been very intrigued and highly anticipating this new game from Remedy.

Simultaneously with MS, they've been pretty secretive about this new IP and all that I know is that they've been filming the live part of the game in LA.

I, myself, never played a game intertwined with live action the way QB is offering. I've encountered few articles, forum posts and videos that I'm willing to share

some of'em with ya'll.

Found this in Remedy's forum:

Originally Posted by Ruuttu
So in a way it's like the manuscript pages in Alan Wake. Manuscript pages on steroids; made of live action footage being affected by the player's choices. Yes, I think I like this.

I think that's the best description you can give for people who know AW.

So stuff we know from all the footage:
- time stutters back and forth (in effect stuff from the future happening now; like the ship shifting positions into the bridge. That's basically the (future) ship time traveling to the past (our present): mind blown
- 2 Main (playable) characters: Jack Joyce and Beth Wilder (?)
- 1 Main (playable) Bad guy: Paul Serene
- Players have to make choices which will affect the flow of the game in big and lesser ways but not the story itself. I presume this means that the end result will be the same but the way towards it can be very different.
- These (big) choices also affect the flow of the live action tv show
- Gameplay will (also) happen in places where time is stuttering < cinematic gameplay indeed! It sounds like Max Payne bullet time but where some of the bad guys are inside the bullet time as well.
- The game itself (or rather the choices you make) will decide as which character you play.
- You can play as one character and work your way towards a cliffhanger and then (the game will) switch to the other character (presumably in the past) which then has to follow its own path towards that same cliffhanger and impact the other character.

I really like that "Remedy Storytelling Technology" instead of Engine.

Furthermore, these guys can be a big contributor for MS on building upon their successful IPs by transposing them to different mediums:

• Microsoft Studios – Los Angeles –Responsible for creating TV series on Xbox Live – Quantum Break TV series, Halo TV series

I'm super excited about this game and the idea of it becoming a paradigm in the development of internal games at MS Studios.

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this game. Just hope the acting is a lot better than what was used at Reveal/E3?

Plus an Interview with Sam Lake:

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/c/2416081

sully1311 said:
I'm looking forward to hearing more about this game. Just hope the acting is a lot better than what was used at Reveal/E3?

It seemed fine to me. I was more interested in the interactive part: the game mechanic.

It's an insanely risky experiment. I don't think gamers request TV shows to be integrated into gaming and I think Quantum Break is destined to fail big time and will eventually turn out to be Remedy's last big project after which they will be forced into indie development.

Remember you read it here first.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

It's an insanely risky experiment. I don't think gamers request TV shows to be integrated into gaming and I think Quantum Break is destined to fail big time and will eventually turn out to be Remedy's last big project after which they will be forced into indie development.

Remember you read it here first.

Why the negativity?

loved Alan Wake, can't wait for Quantum Break

Kinda reminds me of Heavy rain with the decisions and the different Characters.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sounds really a lot more interesting, now that I actually comprehend the trailer. It'll probably be Niche, but if they make do it like Payday it should comfortably be profitable. I would presume making a live tv show segments would be expensive, but it won't be got level. I'm only worried how MS will market it. Cause if they need to market it to the right market and QB could be mainstream but definitely not with gamers, that's fps territory. Granted, MS would market it the best of the big three tbh.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

vivster said:
Kinda reminds me of Heavy rain with the decisions and the different Characters.

Plus time manipulation, TP shooter, live action show that is impacted by in-game decisions etc...