By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fox News Links Dark Souls to Alleged Serial Killer

Tagged games:

Miranda Barbour, an alleged Craigslist serial killer, has been all over the news lately, and Fox News is now reporting that the criminal in question enjoyed playing From Software's punishingly difficult Dark Souls.

Major news outlets are quick to try and link video games to psychotic murderers, with the Grand Theft Auto series being a prime example. Is it just me, or is an interest in Dark Souls stretching it a bit? 

Dark Souls II launches on March 11th for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It'll be interesting to see if this extra bit of publicity impacts sales at all.

Link to the article:http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/fox-news-links-dark-souls-to-alleged-serial-killer-24251
Video:http://video.foxnews.com/v/3225395298001/any-truth-to-craiglist-killers-shocking-confession/#sp=show-clips

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Well, obviously, it has Dark and Souls in the title, this is probably why this guy's soul turned black and he started killing people... the game is literally a killing simulator!

What an analysis!

Fox news is very fox news.

Has journalism really gone down this low? Just cause he plays a game = hes a serial killer? Just fail

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well.... At least Dark Souls is getting some mainstream attention! It's not really positive, but it's still there!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I could see Dark Souls leading to serial killing, from what i've heard about it.

The world is lucky that Magician Lord didn't break me

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

A sensationalist article by Fox News? Now there's a surprise.

I hear Newt Gingrich once enjoyed opiates to excess, so clearly that means all Government officials are addicted to opiates.

Good job, Fox, good job. In other news; cooking mama leads to obesity.

Is he lag backstabbing people?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Fox news.. absolute joke.

In my day when i was a kid ...(30 years ago)... it was all about Dungeons and dragons being evil and responsible for killers. So don't worry some day there will be something else to replace games as the evil incarnate...haha :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!