By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2.3GB Update for AC4 (PS4)

Tagged games:

From GAF.

There are some news about patches on PS4.

Originally Posted by Killthee:

SCE is aware of how shitty the current patch system is (every patch must include all the patches that preceded it even if they're already installed on the system) and they're working with SOE to fix the issue.

The current ETA for the improved patching system is April.

And while we're on the subject, the DCUO patches are currently 7+GBs each because of this half baked system and they push out a new patch every couple of weeks... : /

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99520613

Around the Network

They need to fix this issue ASAP... terrible patch system.

Is that seriously the system? It isn't the system on the PS3?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Is that seriously the system? It isn't the system on the PS3?

It is... Sony is working to fix this crap for April... I hate big patches but compared with the competition the PS4 system still is better.

Yeah these patches are huge. I'm currently dl-ing about 4 gigs for BF4, AC4, and Ghosts (combined).

By the way, does anyone else have issues downloading updates while watching netflix? I'll start watching a show and the update will go "Could not download" and it won't start again until I manually reactivate it. With the PS3 it would just pause itself, and then resume when it could. wtf.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

That's insane

I don't get how that system was even implemented in the first place.

Yeah I was extremely surprised that the Ghosts patch was almost 900MB for what was a few changes to gun balance, adding 2 new modes and a few new music files.

@ETHOMAZ-- is this only for ps4 or will xbox one version will be getting the same patch for AC4?

At this rate my 500GB HDD isn't going to last long. With each game filling up around 50GB on their own and patches being so large as well. First world problems I guess.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!