By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Seen Testing Insider Nadella’s Will to Revamp (Oh.. and yes... he has an Xbox ONE)

Tagged games:

Summarize?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
sales2099 said:
Summarize?

He is a company man.

He has an xbox one.

He has a job on his hands...challenges ahead, but he is a very bright man, an engineer, a pragmatic man who speaks his mind and doesnt do internal politics.

Some think an external man would have been better to re-focus.

I do, word is not many wanted the job that internally MS is problematic. Just heresay though so hey it is what it is. But I don't  think this is a good move for MS.

kowenicki said:
FlamingWeazel said:
kowenicki said:
sales2099 said:
Summarize?

He is a company man.

He has an xbox one.

He has a job on his hands...challenges ahead, but he is a very bright man, an engineer, a pragmatic man who speaks his mind and doesnt do internal politics.

Some think an external man would have been better to re-focus.

I do, word is not many wanted the job that internally MS is problematic. Just heresay though so hey it is what it is. But I don't  think this is a good move for MS.

theres a shocker.

strange from a sony fan, given that the kaz hirai situation was and is almost identical.

Got nothing to do with Sony, and Sony situation not the same as MS< KAZ was alsways seen as a rising start.  Either way I never said he won't work out, it's my opinion they settled fro him no one else wanted it (Much rumbling in the cusiness community), but that's my opinion, you're not going to change it. He liked ballmers style = bad news lol.

"Nadella also follows the moves of startups and encourages Microsoft executives to learn from what people outside of Redmond are doing... At the technology conference in Paris last month, he spent time with local startups like video-on-demand company Video Futur Entertainment Group SA.

It’s important to speak with startups because 'the tech cycle is such that the small guys make it big and the big guys die,' Nadella said in an interview at the time."

Yeah. I'm calling bullshit on those two paragraphs.

Figgycal said:

"Nadella also follows the moves of startups and encourages Microsoft executives to learn from what people outside of Redmond are doing... At the technology conference in Paris last month, he spent time with local startups like video-on-demand company Video Futur Entertainment Group SA.

It’s important to speak with startups because 'the tech cycle is such that the small guys make it big and the big guys die,' Nadella said in an interview at the time."

care to elaborate on why that would be bullshit? have you not seen the big companies falling these last few years, and the small ones coming in and moving up?

Around the Network
thranx said:
Figgycal said:

care to elaborate on why that would be bullshit? have you not seen the big companies falling these last few years, and the small ones coming in and moving up?

I haven't done a lot of research on this, so I could be wrong. But I though the quote should be "Big companies continue to grow as smaller ones go out of business". And I'm not saying it isn't a smart move for Microsoft, just that I thought his quote was incorrect. And I also thought most startups fail partly because they have to compete with the already large and powerful existing companies. "Learning" from start-ups is great for Microsoft, but not so much for the industry or those start-ups Microsoft is "learning" from.

Figgycal said:
thranx said:
Figgycal said:

I haven't done a lot of research on this, so I could be wrong. But I though the quote should be "Big companies continue to grow as smaller ones go out of business". And I'm not saying it isn't a smart move for Microsoft, just that I thought his quote was incorrect. And I also thought most startups fail partly because they have to compete with the already large and powerful existing companies. "Learning" from start-ups is great for Microsoft, but not so much for the industry or those start-ups Microsoft is "learning" from.

Actually it is quite the opposite.
Microsoft is one of the biggest supporters for startups around the world. They offer their help, they finance them and they consult them.

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=Microsoft+Startups

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Didn't know that. My mistake then.

while I agree with google leading in phone OS the apple statement is plain false and pure consumer trend BS.... market shares for apple for the PC OS market has barely moved over the last decade.... heck even windows vista has a better instal base than their last OS X distribution.... windows 8 has already past them too.... server is completely inexistent and I don't know any IT who would recommend a mac server with a straight face and even a mac computer park unless it is a very specific market and even then it is usually pure trend BS again.... even adobe recently has been performing better on PCs....

and now the phone market.... apple has been losing market share to WP8 and android on every major market in the world with almost no exception.... apple is and always has been a trendy niche market for fanatics and fashionistas and noobs periode.... and it is not about to change.... investor went ape shit on the market value of that company and took half a decade to realize it was BS.....

all that being said MS is yet to be really in a difficult position it is just investors that are looking for a new dot com buble are trying to scramble on the behemoth that is MS.... which doesn't enter in that category.... they touch to way more markets and businesses that both of those company combined.... proof is their RD budget dwarfs apple budgets by almost double and google by a 25% more last time I checked... MS is not a company that will take 200% in 5 years in market cap... but it is an ice breaker with solid foundations that can maintain course even in an hectic market with very little risks...

He sounds like a good choice, and its better to choose an employee who's been working for MS for many years rather than bringing someone from outside. The only problem is that he's an Engineer so he might be quite boring and conservative with new ideas/ products.
Since he owns an X1 he probably wants it to do very well, so perhaps its more likely we will see a price cut.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54