By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 will be this gen's Gears of War

Tagged games:

We all remember back in 2006 when the 7th gen first began and there was a huge dry spell of true next gen titles, even more so than now. Then Epic and Microsoft came out on the market with Gears of War, the first title to truly showcase what 7th gen hardware was capable of. It was a brand new IP had brilliant graphics, a good story, a good cinematic experience, and was just an overall enteraining title. Now, here we are, in the dawn of the 8th gen, and once again we are seeing the dry spell of genuine next gen titles. So, I'm predicting that The Order will be this gens Gears of War. It will be a brand new IP entering the scene that will once define next gen, in terms of graphics, cinematic experience, and story telling. Just like Gears of War, it will be the title to truly kick off the 8th gen. I think it will have great sales, as well as great reviews. Who else agrees?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

In terms of averaging 6 million sales per game(excluding GOW:A) i don't think so but i still think that it will be a great game.

I want to agree, but I don't think I can. While I'm pretty intrigued by The Order and am pretty much dying to finally see some gameplay, I still can't see the game being the Gears of the 8th Gen. Gears had a huge effect on the 7th Gen as a whole, because it redefined the third person shooter.

I'm sure The Order will be good, possibly exceptionally good even but I have my doubts about it becoming the next Gears.

I hope not.. The Order looks to be bringing something new to the table. I enjoyed Gears of War in the last generation but I want new experiences with my new consoles. Gears of War peaked in 2008.

Edit: After reading OP: It's hard to say if The Order will have a similar impact but it certainly has great potential. Will be easier to speculate on after seeing gameplay.

The next Gears will be this generations Gears of War. The franchise is not dead so no one else can be its spiritual successor.

Around the Network

I dont think I can agree, simply because I know pretty much nothing about it. Heck, I still havent seen any gameplay. The order 1886 is nothing but a huge question mark right now...

I'd say it's best to wait and see. Sure Sony Santa Monica is proven talent; I'd also argue the same for Ready at Dawn. But the Order is a new IP and all we have seen is the announcement trailer which showed no gameplay, and a few leaked screens of supposed gameplay in which we couldn't really get much out of. As a Playstation fan who owns a PS4, there is absolutely no reason for me to be hyped for this.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Chris Hu said:
The next Gears will be this generations Gears of War. The franchise is not dead so no one else can be its spiritual successor.

Read the OP again.

Infamous SS will be this gen's Gears. I would also say watchdogs has a shot, but given that it's cross-gen, that makes it impossible.

Chris Hu said:

I think he means The Order will be to the 8th gen what Gears was to the 7th, not that The Order will replace Gears, or be its spiritual successor.

Also the title that truly kicked off the 7th generation was Dead Rising and showed what the 360 is capable of, since it pretty much was the first home console title that you needed to play on a HD TV.