By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

Sigh. So many scumbags in the gaming industry. But you can only pick one and I know a lot of people will pick EA because a lot of good reasons but the one that hurts me the most is Capcom. Why you ask? Well lets see:

1. They milk the living shit out of Street Fighter. I mean there are 5 or 6 versions of Street Fighter IV. The same exact game repackaged and sold over and over again. And thats just street fighter IV.

2. They cancelled Megaman Legends which ALOT of people were looking forward and even petitioned to bring it back and of course they were ignored. Than have the audacity to blame it on the fans.

3. They cancelled Marvick Hunter, another Megaman game that looked absolutely fantasic. Which was suppose to Wii U exclusive and was suppose to be a FPS take on Megaman similar to the Metroid prime games.

4. Repackaging Marvel v Capcom 3 into "UIltimate" Marvel v Capcom for full price a couple months later with a few added characters and completely seperate online from the original.

5. On Disc DLC. They basically just chopped out a part of the game, locked it onto the disc and charged you unlock it in Resident Evil 6.

7. Watering down games to appeal to the majority instead of staying true to what they are (Yes you resident evil).

8. Dmc: The Devil May Cry. I'll ignore the redundant title but what the fuuuuuuck was that!?

9. They supported SOPA.

So is there anyone worse than Capcom out there? And if so, why?

Around the Network

Can we say a First party Publisher Instead ?

What ever floats your boat I guess... :/

KK cuz I Honestly dislike Nintendo the most (but EA will always be the worst :P), Nintendo just gets on my nerve with the fact that they never Push forward with a grand new AAA IP and it is really showing as of late.
I mean it just shows when you look at the line-ups of the Xbox and PS4 where at least half of the 1st party games that are coming to there consoles are new IP's (and it has shown with the last two Generation's). Also it is not so much that they don't come up with new IP's, it is that they don't get behind them as you can see with Wonderful 101, and they always just bank on an established franchise, I mean just Imagine if they put the same team that made Super Mario 3D world and also the time and effort into new IP's Nintendo would be on top and capture everyone's imagination.
I just don't want another Mario or Zelda from Nintendo, I want something that will surprise me with how New and fresh it is, but it doesn't seem like that will happen except for X (which looks awesome).

EA easily. They did almost nothing right last year. Battlefield 4 was a buggy mess, SimCity's awful launch, Fuse being a mediocre shooter, Madden 25 and Fifa 14 being lazy rehashes. Rivals was the only thing that was remotely good.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

OdinHades said:

Really? o.o They made a lot of awesome games and aren't really corrupt like EA and Capcom.

What games didn't you like?

Muffin31190 said:
KK cuz I Honestly dislike Nintendo the most (but EA will always be the worst :P), Nintendo just gets on my nerve with the fact that they never Push forward with a grand new AAA IP and it is really showing as of late.
I mean it just shows when you look at the line-ups of the Xbox and PS4 where at least half of the 1st party games that are coming to there consoles are new IP's (and it has shown with the last two Generation's). Also it is not so much that they don't come up with new IP's, it is that they don't get behind them as you can see with Wonderful 101, and they always just bank on an established franchise, I mean just Imagine if they put the same team that made Super Mario 3D world and also the time and effort into new IP's Nintendo would be on top and capture everyone's imagination.
I just don't want another Mario or Zelda from Nintendo, I want something that will surprise me with how New and fresh it is, but it doesn't seem like that will happen except for X (which looks awesome).

There had to be someone to give the obligatory "complain about Nintendo because reasons" post. Congrats on it being you.

@Thread

EA and Activision take the cake, equally, with Ubisoft not very far behind them these days. They are absolutely what is wrong with the gaming business today, and gamers who eat up their every release are contributing to it's decline by supporting annual release garbage instead of developers who actually put time and thought into their games, instead of just going for as much money as possible.

EA probably. I'm seriously still trying to get my head around them putting microtransactions in Dead Space 3.

Microsoft is starting to become a serious contender with the microtransactions they've been shoving into their games recently (Forza and Ryse) I hope this doesn't become a trend.

I play games to relax and become immersed, not have them beg me for more money in-game.