By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Vote Idea: Kingdom Hearts

Tagged games:

Recently, I did a contest to see which game in the Zelda series was the most popular on VGChartz, based on a number of categories. The results were very interesting, at least in my opinion. So, I was wondering if people would like to have a similar contest for the Kingdom Hearts series.

Now, this won't be so simple a matter as picking your favorite game in the series in general. I want to present voters with a choice of categories, and allow them to vote for their top 3 in each category. That way, we get to see what people really like about each of the games in the series. So far, I think the following categories would be good to include.

Story-Related: Plot, Protagonists, Antagonists, and Use of Existing Disney/Final Fantasy Characters

Design-Related: World Choices, Level Designs, Sidequests, Gimmicks/Innovations

Gameplay-Related: Controls, Combat, Bosses

Presentation-Related: Graphics/Art Style, Cutscenes, Soundtrack, Tone

Please make suggestions for which categories I should add or take away. If enough people seem interested, I can start the vote in a few days. Thanks for your interest!

P.S. I'm planning on only counting votes for what I feel are the seven "proper" entries in the series: the original Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, coded/recoded, and Dream Drop Distance. I will NOT be counting remakes like Re:Chain of Memories of 1.5.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

The only thing that I liked about it was the combat and some parts of the game design. The story and plot sucked so bad that I wouldn't touch anything in that category.

the individual games plots can be weak (you can tell KH1's plot was presented with the idea of one game, not a series) KH2's writing kind of fell flat in some areas, Coded was overall useless etc.  although i thought 358/2 Days was pretty much brilliant in terms of its plot and characters. 

I like all of the polls, they make it more interesting to come to the chartz...

It is near the end of the end....

I'd add music as a category just because the music in the KH games has been so good.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'd add music as a category just because the music in the KH games has been so good.

Indeed. The music is quite memorable. 

BasilZero said:

What about for Re:Chain of Memories for the PS2? I mean you said you are considering Re:Coded, so I dont see why you wouldnt for Re:CoM?

Basically, most of the world only got re:coded as opposed to coded, whereas Chain of Memories was actually released in most of the world. Basically, I had to draw the line somewhere in order to keep Kingdom Hearts 1.5 from sweeping the competition.

Love and tolerate.

BasilZero said:
Salnax said:
BasilZero said:

What about for Re:Chain of Memories for the PS2? I mean you said you are considering Re:Coded, so I dont see why you wouldnt for Re:CoM?

Basically, most of the world only got re:coded as opposed to coded, whereas Chain of Memories was actually released in most of the world. Basically, I had to draw the line somewhere in order to keep Kingdom Hearts 1.5 from sweeping the competition.

So CoM you are gonna count as the same regardless of the GBA or PS2 version o.O?

I'll admit, I was kind of hoping people would forget that Re:Chain of Memories exists. I'm just not sure how to count two versions of the same entry in the series, even if they are quite different.

Love and tolerate.

These votes are certainly an interesting idea. I'm curious to see the results of a Final Fantasy vote. A Mario thread would also be interesting.

I'd even be willing to do some of them, if it becomes too much work for you =)

Upon some reflection, Kingdom Hearts is not the best choice for this kind of thing. I'm going to contemplate another series to give this treatment to.

Love and tolerate.