By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - For people who have played Final Fantasy VII...

Tagged games:

Would you buy a remake with graphics that rival Final Fantasy XIII and uses the voice actors from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?

Yes 75 75.00%

No 19 19.00%

I haven't played FFVII 5 5.00%

Total:99

would you buy a remake with graphics that rival Final Fantasy XIII and uses the voice actors from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children? 

Do you also think it will possible for them to keep this project profitable though? 

Final Question, how much does it sell lifetime worldwide?

As someone who hasnt really played FFVII yet I want it now, oh so much do I want it. Thinking of trying FFVII again, only got like 3 hours in last time.

Around the Network

No, thanks.

It depends, is it going to have the same battle system? Is it going to get some extra content?

If the answer to those two is no, then I won't even consider buying it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

No. FF VII is of its time and the Square-Enix of today would absolutely butcher it.

Sure, I'd buy it. Chrono Trigger cell shaded remake, too.

Around the Network

A remake would sell like hot-cakes. It would also receive an insane amount of hatred and criticism, no matter how good the remake actually is. People would buy it just to complain about it. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

The question is, does Square want the money enough that they're willing to take all the hell that goes along with it?

Besides, FF VII had an incoherent story and a main character made out of card-board. How would they get around those things in a way that doesn't leave the nostalgia-blinded screaming? Improve those things and people get angry. Leave them as-is and people get angry. It's a no-win situation--well, except for all the money.

I'd buy it if the original team that made the game was going to be doing the remake, otherwise I'd take a wait and see approach.

Yes but it will never happen

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

pokoko said:

Besides, FF VII had an incoherent story and a main character made out of card-board. How would they get around those things in a way that doesn't leave the nostalgia-blinded screaming?

With him in the party, who cares about Cloud?

i would buy the game if it was a remaster ala Zelda:Oot3D but i wouldnt buy a remake that changed the fel of the original since i would only buy it for nostalgia and updated technical aspects (dolby, hig res graphics etc.)