By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3/PSN tactical japanese rpgs - my body needs one ...

Tagged games:

I'm definitely not a JRPG fanatic but lately I've been enjoying Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch a lot. It's sort of a collaboration of Level-5 and Studio Ghibli, which is famous for its anime movies such as Spirited Away.

Other than that, I've only played Final Fantasy XIII I think. Personally I enjoyed it but I can totally see why people dont enjoy it... Which brings me to Final Fantasy X, which is getting its remake this spring I believe. That game I can definitely recommend once it's available!

Around the Network

Persona 3 FES! It's on PSN afaik, go go go!

The game is not tough for a beginner, has a brilliant story, good cast, and enjoyable gameplay, with a bit of a dating sim mixed into it. A PS2 game originally, of course.

Alternatively, Persona 4. The gameplay is a bit better (thanks to having direct control over the rest of your party, in P3FES you only control your main character). Everything else I personally find weaker.

Neptunia Hyperdimension... Pretty good game... Did not think there would be that much swearing in that game though... and Valkyria Chronicles but that one is a bit out of the norm and Tales of Graces F and Tales of Symphonia when that comes out

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If you like disgae and agarest, then you probably looking for more of a strategy rpg? If that is the case valkyria chronicles is the game fore you!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Neptunia Hyperdimension... Pretty good game... Did not think there would be that much swearing in that game though... and Valkyria Chronicles but that one is a bit out of the norm and Tales of Graces F and Tales of Symphonia when that comes out

Yeah... if you want to turn him off from JRPG's forever... the first two are quite fun, even though the gameplay is very lacking in the first one. Victory is waiting for me on its shelf

But they are not for somebody looking to get into JRPG's. Too niche, too basic, too repetetive.

Around the Network

Tales of Vesperia. Not only it is fun, but it is also one of the best Tales of ever.

Xen said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yeah... if you want to turn him off from JRPG's forever... the first two are quite fun, even though the gameplay is very lacking in the first one. Victory is waiting for me on its shelf

But they are not for somebody looking to get into JRPG's. Too niche, too basic, too repetetive.

Loll, Fine fine, I will admit, I was more in it for the anime theme than anything else...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
sorry guys , i played some jrpgs but i dont realy want jrpgs , i want a rpg like final fantasy tactics and disgaea.

You mean SRPG, then.

Well, Valkyria Chronicles has been mentioned. Rightfully, at that. I can recommend it!

Are you only talking strategy JRPGs? Not really a lot of those around asiude from the ones you mentioned.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The best ones would be PSOne games. Pretty much anything Squaresoft, Grandia, Breath of Fire 4, Arc the Lad 2, Vanguard Bandits, Wild Arms 1 and 2, and Suikoden.

PS3 games. Not including games like Demon's Souls, Yakuza, Dragon's Crown, there really aren't many good JRPGs on the PS3. The Tales of games and Valkyria Chronicles are the best on the system.