By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A Closer Look At Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster’s Sales

Tagged games:

How well will it sell worldwide across all SKUs

<1m 4 7.69%

1m+ 9 17.31%

1.5m+ 15 28.85%

2m+ 6 11.54%

2.5m+ 7 13.46%

3m+ 6 11.54%

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see results) 5 9.62%

Total:52

A Closer Look At Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster’s Sales

By Ishaan . January 13, 2014 . 11:58am

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster was released in Japan on December 26th, 2013 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in Japan. As previously reported, the PS3 version sold 185,918 copies while the Vita Twin Pack version sold another 149,132 copies.

Sales tracker Media Create have shared with Siliconera that, in its first week, the PS3 version of the Remaster sold through 80.93% of its shipment. Meanwhile, the Vita version sold through 87.24% of its shipment.

By the second week, the PS3 version had sold through 95.52% of its shipment, with total sales at 225,448. Meanwhile, the the Vita version had sold through through 97.26% of its shipment, with total sales at 182,170 copies. That is to say, by week 2, both versions of the Remaster were effectively sold out, and Square Enix have, no doubt, shipped a few more copies since, to keep up with demand.

Not everyone bought Final Fantasy X and X-2 together, though. 25,443 people bought Final Fantasy X HD as a standalone game on the Vita upon release. This amounted to a 90.57% sell-through. By week 2, the game had sold 31,775 copies in total, selling through 97.26% of all copies; meaning, once again, that the game was sold out by its second week.

Meanwhile, Final Fantasy X-2 HD was understandably a little less popular, being a sequel. Only 5,357 people bought that game in its week of release,and that amounted to a mere 46.64% sell-through of all copies shipped. By week 2, total sales of Final Fantasy X-2 had reached 16,355, selling through 84.12% of its shipment.

Not too shabby a performance at all on all fronts, but it should be interesting to see how the games sell in their third week on store shelves, given the large drop-off in week 2. That information will be available this Wednesday as per usual.

Read more stories about Final Fantasy X HD & Final Fantasy X-2 HD & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita & This Week In Sales on Siliconera.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/13/closer-look-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remasters-sales/#heKx6ZI92DELfxXF.99

Around the Network

Woo go FFX-2, massive 2nd week sales compared to 1st. Guess thats what happens when you cant find the dual pack in stores

padib said:
Good for SE, good for FF as a brand. The value of these classics is emphasized in their nice sales, and may this cause Square to return to the quality of old.

amen to that

It will reach 2 million with ease at this point.

I didn't realise the standalone version of X had sold through so much of its shipment; and that even X2 had reached 16k. Good for them. Explains why the former bombed out of the chart so quickly as well.

Shame we aren't tracking them here.

And yeah, I'm very pleased to see these games selling so well between PS3 & Vita. Not my favourite Final Fantasy, but shows there's a market for this kind of thing on dedicated consoles and not just smartphones.

Around the Network

Can't wait to get my copy.

best selling FF series is X so far...it will sell 3+ m I voted for.

FFX-3 is pretty much confirmed. Can't wait to see how Square Enix shoves Lightning into the game.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
FFX-3 is pretty much confirmed. Can't wait to see how Square Enix shoves Lightning into the game.

Heeeeeyyyyyyyy Sexy Lady!

padib said:
Good for SE, good for FF as a brand. The value of these classics is emphasized in their nice sales, and may this cause Square to return to the quality of old.

Ideally return to the STYLE of old. Get rid of this action battle system, go back to a nice turn based game

Anyway, I've got my FFX|X-2 HD PS3 pre-order in already and Vita one in soon. Having said that, if I could, I would probably just get FFX.... but we don't get the option

With about 500k sold already, I can't see how they wouldn't make FFXII HD?