By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA May Once Again Be Running For “America’s Worst Company Award” For Third Year

Tagged games:

We haven’t even begun to ask for nominations from readers for the next Worst Company In America tournament, but some are already making the case for once again giving the Golden Poo trophy to reigning two-time WCIA winner Electronic Arts.

In an article published over the weekend, the Motley Fool’s Kevin Noonan makes the argument that even while EA’s growth in recent years has been positive, the way the company treats its customer base may be dooming the video game publisher to another season the WCIA finals.

“With regard to quality control, it would be disingenuous to describe EA’s software output in 2013 in terms more flattering than ‘dismal,’” writes Noonan, citing the monstrous gaffe that was SimCity, a game that required the user to be online, but for which the company provided utterly inadequate server support, leaving many people unable to play.

And in spite of EA’s promise for better products and improved support, the company is currently still being publicly thrashed for the broken release of Battlefield 4, a game that was released with known disastrous glitches that have taken weeks to be resolved, and which has resulted in a lawsuit against the company.

The full article: http://consumerist.com/2013/12/30/is-ea-due-for-a-third-worst-company-in-america-crown/     What can I say? EA did  NOTHING right this year.. Fuse was a mediocre borefest of a shooter that wasn't recieved  well by critics and gamers and the game BOMBED really hard..   Both PS3 and 360 versions  sold less than 100k... SimCity  being always online was just awful and the game overall was  watered down compared to SimCity 4.. As far as  Crashfield 4 goes... The game is an unbalanced mess... It's also full of bugs and crashes....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

They didnt do themselves any favors, that is for sure. I would vote them as worst.

Go EA!!

It deserves that award in terms of gaming companies (the company really has no excuse for using horrible tactics), however gaming companies aren't really relevant to the large scale of things, so it most likely doesn't deserve the award any year, let alone this year.

All art is subjective, even electronic arts. I personally love what they did with cubism this year. Those limited edition boxes... wow.

Around the Network

This year they deserve it more then ever. Shit company. Can't even keep decent servers for Fifa 14 even thought they sell millions of copy's each year.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Considering their stock price is up 50% vs last year... I can't imagine they care much.

PETA should get it. EA might be the worst gaming company, but far from the worst company in the US.

You know, I don’t think were talking a repeat, a three-peat, or even a four-peat.

That’s right, we're talking a minimum eight peat.

EDIT: On the old argument of "why should EA win when companies like Monsanto exist, where are our priorities?" This is a magazine called The Consumerist. It deals with issues consumers have had with the companies selling their products. By that score, EA sucks. We've been hearing about how bad Monsanto is for decades, but whatever else you might say about GMOs and stuff, the big consumer product Monsanto sells is Roundup weed killer, and I imagine Roundup does exactly what it's advertised to do.

EA is the worst publisher ever and now they have destroyed Criterion.