By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Multiplatform games on XBO ever look better then the PS4 counterparts?

Tagged games:

Will MP games ever look better on XBO?

Nope 201 72.56%

Maybe the timed exclusives 13 4.69%

Maybe the Western focused games 4 1.44%

Maybe the Kinect optional games 3 1.08%

Yes, there is bound to be 1 game..... 23 8.30%

Yes 18 6.50%

Other 3 1.08%

See Results 11 3.97%

Total:276

Despite the power difference, a good number of multiplatform games did end up looking better on the X360 than they did on the PS3. This is because of 3 reasons (from what I can think of)

1. The PS3 CPU core was complex, and it took devs years to be able to optimize games for it, and make them look better on PS3
2. The X360 architecture mimiced PC architecture, and thus developing for the X360 was easy
3. The X360 released a year earlier, so devs had more time with the dev kits.

This time around though, not only is the Sony platform still more powerful then the MS platform, the 3 reasons why X360 games looked better (sometimes) then PS3 games are all gone.

1. & 2. PS4 & XBO have a similar architecture, both easy to develop for
3. PS4 & XBO released at the same time.

So with PS4 being a more powerful system, and multiplatform launch titles already looking noticeably better on PS4 (e.g. 1080p for CoD Ghosts on PS4, 720p on XBO), will XBO multiplatform games ever look better then PS4 games?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

TitanFall will look better on X1 and thats a Multiplatform game!

Just Kidding and only if MS pays more

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PS4 is more powerful and easier to make games for from what I've heard about with the X1 esram so I don't see it happening.

Doubt it. You also need to remember the power difference between XBONE and PS4 is much larger than it was with PS3 and 360. If it happens it'll be under some really strange circumstance.

Michael are you being serious? I mean what would lead you believe otherwise.

Seems kinda pointless question as hardcore Xbox fans don't believe otherwise.

To answer the topic simply. No.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

Of course there will be, Just wait til the SUPERHD releases of bethesda games come to the Ps4/X1 and watch out the dlc for skyrim still wont run properly on the 8gb of ddr5 ram and NewVegas will still crash every time you go into VATS. Can always rely on bad ports to make one system look supreme over their rivals.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No

Click HERE and be happy 

no

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Why would they look better? PS4 is a more  capable machine graphics-wise than the Xbox One. Also,  you  used the wrong " than". =)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The 360 had many games that looked better than PS3 counterparts because PS3's architecture was alien and the gap between the 360 and PS3 wasn't THAT large. Only exclusives ever took advantage of the PS3.

The PS4 is 50% more powerful than the Xbone, has a similar architecture and is easier to develop for. There's no reason for any game to look better on Xbone.

The only possible exception could be an exclusive Xbone title that is super-optimised for the Xbone's architecture and later ends up releasing on PS4.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.