By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy X fans, let's talk about Kimahri!

Tagged games:

Do you like Kimahri?

Yes 33 56.90%

No 25 43.10%

Total:58

He was annoying in my opinion, but then again I found most of the Ronsos in the game to be annoying.

Around the Network

my kihmari went to rikku's grid... I barely use my kimahri unfortunately....

i did not have any space or job for kimahri unlike quistis or quina... btw should've named him quimarih... to follow the q blue magician :P

rikku (thief and fast attacker)
auron (heavy hitter)
tidus (support for hastega)
lulu (mag attacker)
wakka (main attacker... that hit reels is evil)
yuna (healer... only use summons of the hunting monster)

kihmari.... ah that special event when you have to use him....

I always forget about him. Never really liked him much.

he's wakka and bender!

I don't use Kimahri. He can start as any character you want him to, but you have to put too much time into him to make him as good as any of the characters.

Around the Network

I'm not a huge fan of him. I feel he's just... there, not doing anything.
And while FFX is in my top 5 of the series, I find the cast to be one of the weakest. Wakka, Rikku, Kimahri, blah. Yuna, Lulu and especially Auron are great though, and I like Tidus.

And I think I made him walk on Wakka's path, but I'm not sure.

Bristow9091 said:
aikohualda said:
my kihmari went to rikku's grid... I barely use my kimahri unfortunately....

i did not have any space or job for kimahri unlike quistis or quina... btw should've named him quimarih... to follow the q blue magician :P

rikku (thief and fast attacker)
auron (heavy hitter)
tidus (support for hastega)
lulu (mag attacker)
wakka (main attacker... that hit reels is evil)
yuna (healer... only use summons of the hunting monster)

kihmari.... ah that special event when you have to use him....

Ah yeah, that would've been cool seeing his name with a Q, lol :P

If you're planning on getting the HD remaster, or just playing through it again any time... you should think about using him more often, he can do the same job as multiple characters while only taking one space in the front line, for example, I've gone down Yuna and Lulu's paths with him, so he's a healer and black mage, with their magic nodes too, added magic to his weapon, and even though the numbers aren't quite as high as either Yuna or Lulu (Although he still works wonders), he only takes one spot in the front line, so you could have two melee attackers, a black mage and a white mage, all in one... with Steal and Use if you decide to break off and get them (I ALWAYS get them first with him!), but it really just depends on how you decide to play, I mean, for the most part, I keep him as a melee character since that's primarily what I see him as, and once I've gone down Auron's path (See my first post), I actually use him over Auron, lol :P

Sounds like a good plan, but it probably needs a pretty big amount of time invested in Kimahri. Doesn't seem worth it considering you can change characters mid-battle, and Tidus/Auron/Lulu are excellent as far as dealing damage goes. And you can always summon Bahamut =P

Bristow9091 said:
artur-fernand said:

Sounds like a good plan, but it probably needs a pretty big amount of time invested in Kimahri. Doesn't seem worth it considering you can change characters mid-battle, and Tidus/Auron/Lulu are excellent as far as dealing damage goes. And you can always summon Bahamut =P

Well it just depends how much time you're willing to invest, I mean, I can sit and grind for hours nonstop lol, my characters are always overpowered when it comes to bosses, so it doesn't bother me having to spend time investing in him... and yeah about changing characters, ofcourse you can do that, and I mean, why wouldn't you, lol... but I'm just talking about how to make Kimahri feel... loved, lol :P

Besides... Anima > Bahamut ;)

What's the point in grinding Kimahri?  Unless you cater to him by giving him a weapon with Overdrive > AP and ignoring doing the same with all other characters, he'll still be worse in every other aspect that there's no reason to use him when you can use another character.  Even Auron is useless when you give Wakka and Tidus piercing weapons.  It's not like Final Fantasy 10 isn't the easiest game in the series.

kupomogli said:
Bristow9091 said:
artur-fernand said:

Well it just depends how much time you're willing to invest, I mean, I can sit and grind for hours nonstop lol, my characters are always overpowered when it comes to bosses, so it doesn't bother me having to spend time investing in him... and yeah about changing characters, ofcourse you can do that, and I mean, why wouldn't you, lol... but I'm just talking about how to make Kimahri feel... loved, lol :P

Besides... Anima > Bahamut ;)

What's the point in grinding Kimahri?  Unless you cater to him by giving him a weapon with Overdrive > AP and ignoring doing the same with all other characters, he'll still be worse in every other aspect that there's no reason to use him when you can use another character.  Even Auron is useless when you give Wakka and Tidus piercing weapons.  It's not like Final Fantasy 10 isn't the easiest game in the series.

It isn't. I find VI-IX to be FAR easier. VIII is the easiest probably, if only because its mechanics are fundamentally broken.

After IV, the series actually got progressively easier, and from X and beyond it actually got a little harder.

I never used him lol. I think I used Titus, Yuna and Auron.