By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4 to sell a minimum of around 70% of its lifetime sells in the first 2 to 3 years in the market.

Tagged games:

*looks to see if there is another thread is like this, by waiting 24 hours to see if any Mods lock this thread* (LOL)

(reference to my Retailers prediction Thread)

Anyways, PlayStations are the most unpredictabe thing. (i.e. PS2 & PS3 & PS Vita)

So what do you think of my prediction?

Around the Network

I would like to know ur reasoning behind this, a prediction is meaningless unless u actually have a reason to believe it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

what

zorg1000 said:
I would like to know ur reasoning behind this, a prediction is meaningless unless u actually have a reason to believe it.

He's basically saying we have another Wii situation on our hands. But that's where he's wrong. Sony support their consoles with software for a long time, which is why they keep on selling. See PS3, which no one expected to make it to 60 million in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

No.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Nah.

The PS4 will sell really well throughout these first few Years but where it will really shine will be in the legs, just like every PS home console before it. The reason? Continued support.

PlayStation consoles have brilliant support later on because its a guaranteed userbase that will buy Millions, if not BILLIONS of games. Its selling on hype alone right now, with no real system selling exclusive to note. When these exclusives start to pop up and certain userbases are popping up in pretty big numbers, then they wont go anywhere fast.

Support = Sales

Sustained support = Sustained sales.

Not a chance, the Wii did around 64% the same time period and PS consoles always have long legs.

No, generally the best years in sales for consoles are the 3rd, 4th and 5th years. The hype PS4 and the hype wii are very different. Wii with the wiimote was an inovation that attracted casual players. The hype PS4 will be over in a few months but sales well be still good in 4 or 5 years.

This was actually pretty much the exact same prediction I made... Except for Wii U.

I think 2014 Wii U sales are going to be absolutely insane, I even made a bet it would sell more then the PS4 and One this year when everything is said and done... But after that, I'm expecting a massive drop off. 2015 will likely at least be better for the Wii U than 2013 was, but that's still pretty, and after that I think it's truly finished. They'll still probably abstain from making a new console until 2017 just for appearances, though.

You know what, I'll give you this one. PS4 will sell to over 70% of the population within the first 3 years therefor making it impossible to make you wrong.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(