By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing U to be 2014's big holiday game for Wii U?

Tagged games:

Think about it:

- The Wii did the same thing in '08; Mario Kart and Smash in the same year, with Animal Crossing as the system's big holiday game. 

- The Animal Crossing U plaza expires at the end of 2014 

- Villager features prominently in Smash Bros U, hinting at future involvement with the console.

- It's exactly the kind of move post-2010 Nintendo would do.

I got a feeling...

Around the Network

Lol, you could be right....

Why not Wii Sports 3?

The gamer part of me hopes you are wrong. The part of me that wants Nintendo to do really well hopes you are right. Animal Crossing is a bigger console seller than Zelda and wayyyyy bigger than Metroid, so it would'nt shock me. Maybe a Zelda / Animal Crossing 2014 holiday combo would be best.

I hate Iwata as much as anyone but not even he is incompetent enough to allow that.

Around the Network

The other tip off is the Animal Crossing U plaza expires at the end of 2014 ... which kinda leads one to believe that that's when Nintendo is planning to have a full blown AC game ready for the Wii U.

Good call, you could be right. 

curl-6 said:

Think about it:

- The Wii did the same thing in '08; Mario Kart and Smash in the same year, with Animal Crossing as the system's big holiday game.

- Villager features prominently in Smash Bros U, hinting at future involvement with the console.

- It's exactly the kind of foolish move post-2010 Nintendo would do.

I got a baaaad feeling about this...

I do expect the game for late 2014, but I don't think it'll be their "big holiday game". I think it'll be their September title, with Kart in February/March/April, Smash in July, and a big unannounced title for November as their other major releases (plus a number of lesser releases, like Bayonetta 2, X, Yarn Yoshi, etc).

superhippy420 said:
The gamer part of me hopes you are wrong. The part of me that wants Nintendo to do really well hopes you are right. Animal Crossing is a bigger console seller than Zelda and wayyyyy bigger than Metroid, so it would'nt shock me. Maybe a Zelda / Animal Crossing 2014 holiday combo would be best.

The gamer part of me hopes I'm wrong also, as it's not my cup of tea.

As for the part of me that wants Wii U to survive, I must confess, I'm rather ignorant when it comes to the franchises' system moving power. Would it really be a bigger killer app than Zelda? I mean, I get it being a big hardware mover on 3DS, but the Wii U is a different beast.

Isn't the wiiU launch more like the gamecube than the wii? Even with the games?

I think it might be Metroid cause of Reggie's pin during VGX but my hopes might be too high...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeeeah.. I know most people on this site would hate that, but Animal Crossing has become very popular the last few years and I could see that having massive potential.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m