By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 5 vs GT6 sales first week. Interesting.

Tagged games:

Forza has never beaten any GT game for first week sales in the entire history of both franchises.

In fact its been a canyon away in terms of first week sales. With GT normally hitting around the 2 million mark World wide.

With GT6 its released simultaneously in over 40 countries. Forza 5 is released in just 13 countries. In comparison Forza 4 released to 40+ countires and its opening week was 515,000. Forza 5 opening week is 600,000.

This is obviously a really impressive figure as far as Turn 10 are concerned. Only 13 countries and yet has 75,000 + more sales than Forza 4 on a much larger install base.

Then theres GT6. Which is 1/5th of the GT5 sales in the UK as we know. Also 1/2 the sales in Japan. The rest? We dont know yet, but GT6 in more than triple the countries that Forza 5 released could well be around the 1 mill mark or maybe even lower. Has Sony left the door open for Forza here? Is Forza seeing an increase in sales from people trying the Forza series instead of GT6?

Either way Forza 5 as a launch title was a brilliant move for the FM series. As it has had an amzing start saleswise in so very few countries.

Thoughts.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

Forza has never beaten any GT game for first week sales in the entire history of both franchises.

In fact its been a canyon away in terms of first week sales. With GT normally hitting around the 2 million mark World wide.

With GT6 its released simultaneously in over 40 countries. Forza 5 is released in just 13 countries. In comparison Forza 4 released to 40+ countires and its opening week was 515,000. Forza 5 opening week is 600,000.

This is obviously a really impressive figure as far as Turn 10 are concerned. Only 13 countries and yet has 75,000 + more sales than Forza 4 on a much larger install base.

Then theres GT6. Which is 1/5th of the GT5 sales in the UK as we know. Also 1/2 the sales in Japan. The rest? We dont know yet, but GT6 in more than triple the countries that Forza 5 released could well be around the 1 mill mark or maybe even lower. Has Sony left the door open for Forza here? Is Forza seeing an increase in sales from people trying the Forza series instead of GT6?

Either way Forza 5 as a launch title was a brilliant move for the FM series. As it has had an amzing start saleswise in so very few countries.

Thoughts.

Bolded most certainly not, at least not in numbers that are worth talking about.

Honestly people need to stop thinking that Forza is taking any significant amount of people away from GTs user base, Forza couldn't do that last generation either, even though they had 2 games out before the first real GT on PS3 came out. And that was in a generation where Forza was consistently the critics favourite, now with GT6 and Forza 5, the critics pretty much score them both the same.

Also I don't get where you're taking that 600k number from, vgchartz has Forzas first week at 420k.

This might be a bit soon, but i already wanna see forza 6 next year, imagine how good it will be if there is no rush

anyway this is gonna end bad
i predict :
people claiming GT6 is worse then 5
people saying selnor is getting away with everything
people claim forza is a terrible game and doesn't deserve its sales

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

nah

despite it not selling as much in this specific period of time( I shouldn't have to explain). GT6 is still going to do 1 mill 1st week.

It will really be interesting when we compare Forza 5(Xbox One) to Gran Turismo 7(PS4)

but since GT7 is a bit away and GT6 just came out on last gen hardware, I guess we have no other choice but to compare the 2.

kirby007 said:
This might be a bit soon, but i already wanna see forza 6 next year, imagine how good it will be if there is no rush

anyway this is gonna end bad
i predict :
people claiming GT6 is worse then 5
people saying selnor is getting away with everything
people claim forza is a terrible game and doesn't deserve its sales

Next year? How can you not rush a game in less then a year?

Forza 6 won't be out next year.

Around the Network

It always amuses me when people go on about how GT is the premiere racing franchise and how it will always sell more than Forza etc....when in fact I don't think that's the case at all. Racing fans who buy these games are 99% casuals and have the loyalties of a cat as far as I'm concerned. Past success of Forza and GT is because of marketing and bundling etc., not because there's alot of Forza/GT fanboys out there.. Also, GT in the past was riding on the success of its PS1/PS2 iterations because of the huge install base but the franchise is undoubtedly gonna experience huge declines from here on out and people are gonna need to prepare themselves... *looks at ethomaz*

Youre reading between lines that arent there, launch titles always see high sales because theres very little choice early on, youre also comparing a next gen launch title to a last gen game that released after the next gen console did, history has shown sales of last gen games after the release of a new console barely ever pull big numbers.

If we had another year or two before new consoles sales would have been better, but because we are already there, most people would rather wait to play it on a new system.

Its like comparing an xbox (original one) sales after the release of the xbox 360 to a wii launch titles sales.

Whatever makes you happy dude.
But I'm pretty sure GT6 will still outsell forza 5.

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

Thoughts.

Bolded most certainly not, at least not in numbers that are worth talking about.

Honestly people need to stop thinking that Forza is taking any significant amount of people away from GTs user base, Forza couldn't do that last generation either, even though they had 2 games out before the first real GT on PS3 came out. And that was in a generation where Forza was consistently the critics favourite, now with GT6 and Forza 5, the critics pretty much score them both the same.

Also I don't get where you're taking that 600k number, from vgchartz has Forzas first week at 420k.

I was including the first 7 days.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72222/forza-motorsport-5/Global/

man-bear-pig said:
It always amuses me when people go on about how GT is the premiere racing franchise and how it will always sell more than Forza etc....when in fact I don't think that's the case at all. Racing fans who buy these games are 99% casuals and have the loyalties of a cat as far as I'm concerned. Past success of Forza and GT is because of marketing and bundling etc., not because there's alot of Forza/GT fanboys out there.. Also, GT in the past was riding on the success of its PS1/PS2 iterations because of the huge install base but the franchise is undoubtedly gonna experience huge declines from here on out and people are gonna need to prepare themselves... *looks at ethomaz*

ooooohhhh boy!

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

I can't wait to bump this bad boy back up later on... if it goes the way i think it possibly might

The 2nd GT of a generation ALWAYS sells less than its predeccessor. GT6 is in an even worse situation because it released AFTER the next main Home Console hit the market.

The next iteration(GT7) ALWAYS explodes over the last one(GT6) when it comes to sales. There will definitely be no exception with the PS4

Don't do it to yourselfs, guys. You're playing with fire