By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict what Nintendo Series will allow two Game Pads first

Tagged games:

Which series will allow two Game Pad first?

Wii minigame series? 13 46.43%

Mario 1 3.57%

Zelda 2 7.14%

Pokemon 5 17.86%

Super Smash Bros? 4 14.29%

Third Parties will do it first? 3 10.71%

Total:28

If Nintendo ever decides to release a game where you can use two Game Pads, which one would be the first? I really want to see a Four Swords Adventure sequel (not remake...). Maybe two player co-op online? Zelda doesn't require too much precision than Mario games so minimal lag won't affect it too much. And Zelda isn't a typical social gathering game but for gaming geeks and regulars so online would be more suitable.

Around the Network

Four Swords 2 would be really awesome!

]

The hypothetical of this thread will never happen. If anything, nintendo will ditch the gamepad.

My guess is next year nintendo will drop the gamepad from the wii u sku and replace it with a regular pro controller and then drop the price of the console down to 200-250.

RolStoppable said:
A sequel to Four Swords Adventure. It's pretty clear that Nintendo has no ideas for the Gamepad, so rehashing another old idea from the GC-GBA connectivity is the logical conclusion.

Not that a second Gamepad is going to happen. Nobody wants the first one.

Wow, somebody hates Nintendo.

I'm excited for if or when they ever decide to implement the second Gamepad!  So you can only speak for yourself.

1doesnotsimply

Mario Kart 8 , no more split-screen

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
The hypothetical of this thread will never happen. If anything, nintendo will ditch the gamepad.

My guess is next year nintendo will drop the gamepad from the wii u sku and replace it with a regular pro controller and then drop the price of the console down to 200-250.

So desperation will lead to even greater stupidity?

I guess it can't be ruled out.

Basically, yes.  They arent using the gamepad for any kind of relevent gameplay experience.  Right now, there isnt game made or a game being made that makes you say, this is what the gamepad is for.

i can see nintendo looking at this and thinking they need to cut the price of their console to compete, and that can easily be done by removing one of the more expensive pieces of tech in the console, the gamepad.  If it isnt adding to the experience why keep it?  Thats my guess anyway, and i think that is what iwata was thinking when he said he would evaluate the direction of the wii u after this holiday season.

the smarter thing would be to actually make games that use the gamepad, but I dont nintendo has any idea how to do that...

nintendo made a lot of mistakes on the wii u.  How they went from the wii to the wii u is beyond me.  Its like they dont have any direction in that company.  

A game like Advance Wars could be cool...

Have a nice day...

I can see it being wii play.

An open world co-op Zelda. Link & Shadow link.

Wario Ware U