By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox one system name.

Tagged games:

Been thinking about this for a bit as to possible reasons for the Xboxone name as their 3rd system, I know there is the PR thing that it is the one system you need under your TV (altho it doesn't have backwards compat so you at least need a 360) but yeah I will use my amazing skills in MS paint to show another reason for the 3rd system  having the number 1.

http://imgur.com/9BoHzX8

As we all remember the first console didn't feature any number, just being called the Xbox or after the 360 came out was referred to as "the original Xbox" but then the 360 launched after that, an odd number to begin with when adding numbers to the system, but it rings off the tongue quite well but 360 is another thing, a circle! or a 0 which was what made me think if you look back at the system names and instead think of them as the Xbox, the Xbox 0 and now the Xbox 1 it almost makes sense... (to me at 8am having been up all night with flu)

Or have I just lost my mind...

edit - my tagged launch "360" game names supports my theory! both tagged with Zero and being xbox360 exclusives.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

So the original Box is like the Xbox -1?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

This is the kind of crazy I can get behind

OdinHades said:
So the original Box is like the Xbox -1?

No just Xbox then what would be Xbox Zero given that it has some launch games which would have that title and then Xbox1

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

...my head hurts in a good way.

]

Around the Network

What was the thingy + the other thingy = the thingy + 1 or 1?

So, the answer is 1

It is near the end of the end....

amazing paint skills. you should give courses.

Next Xbox confirmed to be Xbox 1.5

bananaking21 said:
amazing paint skills. you should give courses.

I know right? could you tell I used my graphics tablet for it?

Landguy said:
What was the thingy + the other thingy = the thingy + 1 or 1?

So, the answer is 1

just that the original xbox had no number

the 360 has 360 which is a circle or could be said it has a Zero

and the Xboxone has a 1

So it goes Xbox/Xboxzero/Xboxone