By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shipments of Capcom's "Monster Hunter 4" Top 4 Million!

Tagged games:

"Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that shipments of its "Monster Hunter 4" game for Nintendo 3DS™ in Japan have exceeded four million units, including sales of the downloadable version through download cards and the Nintendo eShop." - http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e131204.html

"As of last week, Monster Hunter 4 had sold 3 million copies at retail. Download sales have no doubt pushed that number considerably higher, but it’s hard to say by just how much.

That said, Capcom must be expecting big things from Monster Hunter 4 this Christmas and New Year’s if there are now 4 million copies of the game out in the wild. It should be very interesting to see how  the game performs through its first holiday season.

Meanwhile, Capcom say they intend to continue promotional activities of Monster Hunter 4 in Japan in order to generate even more interest in the game. Monster Hunter 4 was released in Japan on September 14th." 

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/03/monster-hunter-4-moved-4-million-copies-japan/

Around the Network

hopefully the make more exclusive 3ds titles

Dat Monster legs.

That's alot of digital sales. It makes you realise that NPD, VGchartz etc numbers are going to be less and less meaningful as the next gen progresses.

It's a shame that pokemon xy came out, and outsold it.. kinda make's it ''less impressive"

Around the Network

25 % of digital sales ?

mmmm.... digital sales seems to be an important trend on Nintendo consoles right now.

Retail sales numbers aren´t enough for analysing the market right now. I wonder how many digital copies games like Pokemon, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3d World may have sold already

Good good, now lets blow all that money on Mobile games!

Or... at least thats how they think.

I would look up shipment figures of Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd in the same timeframe, but I'm pretty sure that if I just wait long enough Lawlight will drop them off for us. Laziness wins the day.

Portable 3D stands at 4.8 million

Knowing MH legs, its most likely going to pass it

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Cool, so now release it in the U.S.