By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Looks like I was Right about "KnacK"

Tagged games:

After it's original reviews came out I wrote that I didn't trust them and that I wanted to see someone like Gamefan and Play Magazine's Dave Halverson that really understood the genre review the game before I formed an opinion on it ( the Review linked to in this N4G posts http://n4g.com/news/1405524/knack-its-not-perfect-but-its-special-in-a-sadistic-way though not by Dave Halverson echoes many of the things that I thought Halverson would probably have to say about the game ).  Well, a couple of week's later Knack's reputation seems to be growing by leaps and bounds and beating Mario in the UK is a huge feather in its cap.

So, I feel justified ( even without seeing a Dave Halverson review for the game ) in thinking that "Knack" was being heaily misunderstood.  And in give or six years when IGN compiles their list of the Top 25 PS4 games, I definitely think Knack will be considered to be a true classic and that it will be included on the list.

Around the Network

lol (insert Joker here we go GIF here).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

1) Sales doesn't equal "quality"
2) It was heavily advertised (one of the few games you could demo on display PS4s as far as I know in the US)
3) It's really the only kids game that I'm aware of for the PS4. So it has very little competition and high differentiation.

Akvod said:
1) Sales doesn't equal "quality"
2) It was heavily advertised (one of the few games you could demo on display PS4s as far as I know in the US)
3) It's really the only kids game that I'm aware of for the PS4. So it has very little competition and high differentiation.

Skylanders, that is by far a bigger kids game. I think sales are actually coming from the hardcore Sony crowd

Around the Network
EdHieron said:

After it's original reviews came out I wrote that I didn't trust them and that I wanted to see someone like Gamefan and Play Magazine's Dave Halverson that really understood the genre review the game before I formed an opinion on it ( the Review linked to in this N4G posts http://n4g.com/news/1405524/knack-its-not-perfect-but-its-special-in-a-sadistic-way though not by Dave Halverson echoes many of the things that I thought Halverson would probably have to say about the game ).  Well, a couple of week's later Knack's reputation seems to be growing by leaps and bounds and beating Mario in the UK is a huge feather in its cap.

So, I feel justified ( even without seeing a Dave Halverson review for the game ) in thinking that "Knack" was being heaily misunderstood.  And in give or six years when IGN compiles their list of the Top 25 PS4 games, I definitely think Knack will be considered to be a true classic and that it will be included on the list.

Subtle troll...the OP is saying there wont be 24 decent PS4 games over the next six years...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think critically you are overestimating Knack or underestimating how many quality games will be on the PS4 in next 5-8 years. I would be very surprised to see any launch title on top 25 list when the PS5 comes out in 2020 (or when ever).

So Knack beat out Mario during its launch week in one country... so what? Mario will have much MUCH longer legs, while Knack's sales will pretty much taper off after the initial PS4 launch period is over. In a couple of years Knack will be as fondly remembered as Kameo was on the 360... meaning no one will even remember it.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

As awesome as Knack looks as a game to me, I legit think that it's getting a massive boost from being a launch title, I mean you look at Rayman 3d a launch title for the 3ds, it's a terrible port of a port of a weak game... still sold close to a million units.

As someone else mentioned here also, it's pretty much down to this and swapforce if you are getting a ps4 for the younger gamer this Christmas which is another really good place to be for Knack right now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I wouldn't go as far as you have, but definitely agree that Knack is underrated. I played the demo, as well as watched others play it on YouTube, and it seems really fun. Definitely reminded me of platformers of old. Of course, thanks to Metacritic, something I thought was agreed on didn't really matter, it's become the in thing to bash it. It seems sales show more people are interested in it than they are in the reviews.