By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Tagged games:

Before anyone gives me shit, let me start off by saying that the 1 million sales in 24 hours by the XBone is quite impressive, but hear me out here. The console launched in 13 countries vs the PS4 launching in only 2, with both selling about the same number within the same time frame. If you average it out, the XBone technically only sold about 77K units per country, vs PS4's 500K + per country. Both had amazing launches, but it's clear that PS4 is outselling the XBone by a large margin, when the console releases in it's other 31 territories in the coming months. I honestly don't find it impossible for the PS4 to be outselling by a 3 to 1 ratio in less than 1/6 of the regions, both of which are arguably XBOX's strongest territories. Not to mention of course, you can still find XBone's in retailers atm, but pretty much every retailer is out of PS4 until March. Think about it for a sec; either XBone is doing just okay or PS4 is doing amazingly. Thoughts?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

world wide its not even going to be close, but should you try and mention that or argue that now, there are a few individuals around here who will rally pretty hard against you. Its kind of sad they cant see the difference between the launches.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Xbox1 is doing fine, PS4 is doing amazingly. That is all.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Super impressed about PS4...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

1m units WW is still a great number and would have been a record if the PS4 didn't exist.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

PS4, if it launched in 13 countries it would have sold way more than just 1 million. That 2.3 million gamers waiting for PS4 could have put the total over 3 million in 24 hours if supply was available.

biggamejames79 said:
PS4, if it launched in 13 countries it would have sold way more than just 1 million. That 2.3 million gamers waiting for PS4 could have put the total over 3 million in 24 hours if supply was available.

But isn't that what these first months are all about? Who has more supply?

We should be unimpressed by both because the first adopters are usually the hardcore sony and microsoft fans who get the console first. We should atleast wait until janurary to make judgement about their sales but I suspect that the PS4 will cannibalize the xbox market because all it comes down to is the $100 price difference.

Selling one million consoles in a day world wide is an amazing feat. If the PS4 didn't launch last week it would be crazy news for a console to sell that many that quickly. But, the sales of the PS4 have been astronomical. Certainly unlike anything the video game world has ever seen.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

impressed with Xbox one sales, considering everyone was saying it would flop because of the media hate.. and the horrible start..

1 million in 13 countries vs
1 million in 2 countries is a big difference though

mM