By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to improve the Killzone franchise into a universal critical success?

Tagged games:

We know Killzone SF is good. But how to improve its reception among the gamers and critics in order that it becomes universally great?

Killzone SF showed us great improvements (in my opinion) versus last Killzones that were for me: too much grey, too much orange, too much limited corridors. But in what ways exactly would you improve it? For me it would perfect if they could:

- Change the name. This name has always put me off. It's a game about a zone in which you can "kill"? really limited concept. I want big ideas, big science fiction themes, futuristic themes etc.
- Ditch the grey/orange corridors levels completely. The previous Killzones never interested me mainly because of the repulsion it always caused me.
- Focus a bit more on story, a bit less on graphics it's easy, just use more existing great Killzone universe material.
- Show us more big colored and open areas; exactly what you have done on some KZSF levels, greatly done! continue in this direction!
- Don't use FXAA anymore. Use modern (and not expensive) morphological AA like SMAA that doesn't blur the whole screen, that part is more important for gamers than you can imagine.

Fell free to give more ideas.

Around the Network

Reboot it 50 100 years into the future, helghast vektans at war has been done to death.

Have some one actually write a damn story for it.

Write a good story.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Release it on PS4.

- Hire good writers
- Eliminate input lag

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
- Hire good writers
- Eliminate input lag

If the game were to be on the WiiU, would you rethink that?

curl-6 said:
- Hire good writers
- Eliminate input lag

The better story aspect is unanimous I see.

But reducing Input lag? haven't they already done that with KZSF?

Let ND do it.

Somini said:
curl-6 said:
- Hire good writers
- Eliminate input lag

If the game were to be on the WiiU, would you rethink that?

Nope. 

I'm happy to point out what I percieve to be the critical shortcomings of Wii U games as well.

Take ZombiU; needs to be less repetitive, less glitchy, and have better production values.

Nobody knows who is the hero of Killzone. Replace him with a charismatic, well known character. Since Sony's biggest franchise is Gran Turismo, a Nissan GTR would be the best choice.

Sex minigame. It works for God of War, so why not. Kratos could do a cameo in it, and maybe Kaz Hirai.

Boobs. I don't see how this could be a bad idea. They seem to be quite popular here too.

Love story, sad end. This should guarantee 90+ reviews, even if the framerate is awful. Just look at SotC.

Only for Japan, region lock. This will make the game massively popular in gaming forums.