By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 Players - How is the framerate?

Tagged games:

Do you own Call of Duty: Ghosts for PS4?

Yes 24 36.36%

No 42 63.64%

Total:66

I've had no noticeable drops at all.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Hey again guys!

So I've had my copy since last Tuesday, but the PS4 isn't out here until the 29th, and I've heard from quite a few people that the framerate can dip horrendously during gameplay, whereas others have told me that for literally a second or two you'll get a drop that doesn't affect gameplay, then it goes back to normal...

What I want to know is if, in your experience with the game, have you had any framerate issues, and more specifically have they been so noticeable that it's affected the gameplay?

Cheers.

Acti said that the framerate issue was fixed along with the resolution fix. The theory is that it was dipping because it was being down-scaled and then upscaled, drawing more power than it should have been.

I don't have the console yet, but most people said the game is okay post launch. It was an issue pre-patch it seems.

I've had a few pretty bad frame rate drops in multiplayer. So far I would say that it is worse frame rate wise than the ps3 version, although it is still very smooth most of the time.

Best cod game yet no frame rate drop

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
WrathofTank said:
I've had a few pretty bad frame rate drops in multiplayer. So far I would say that it is worse frame rate wise than the ps3 version, although it is still very smooth most of the time.

Define "pretty bad", like, did the framerate drop for a while, or was it just a momentary thing such as when an explosion went off infront of you and lots of things were happening onscreen? Also, have you played the PS3 version to compare?

No actually the frame rates have seemed pretty random, although drops rarely happen it can be pretty disorienting.  I own it on ps3 and ps4.

WrathofTank said:
Bristow9091 said:
WrathofTank said:

Define "pretty bad", like, did the framerate drop for a while, or was it just a momentary thing such as when an explosion went off infront of you and lots of things were happening onscreen? Also, have you played the PS3 version to compare?

No actually the frame rates have seemed pretty random, although drops rarely happen it can be pretty disorienting.  I own it on ps3 and ps4.

could be connection issues?

Rich of Reviewtechusa says it's buttery smooth.

PS4 has some firmware related issues so these will be fixed asp and then there won't be frame rate issues.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

The framerate is Smoothy whoothy resolushy mushy

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’