By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 is 900p but Patch Will Add 1080P and AA

Tagged games:

Right now the retail version of AC4 is running at 900p but Ubisoft is close to release a patch that will up the resolution to 1080p and add AA to the game.

Why?

But why ship at 900p in the first place? To meet an essential goal: deliver a visually brilliant game at a steady 30 frames per second (the industry gold standard for open-world games). Finishing the game at 900p gave the development team the extra room in terms of the GPU and CPU usage to ensure the framerate never dips below 30 frames per second. The team then used the time between the ship date and the release to focus on a title update that could deliver native 1080p resolution on the PS4.

So the dev team worked on the 1080p optimizations after the game goes gold.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-in-native-1080p-on-playstation-4/

I don't like the ideia of day-1 patches but I don't like the ideia to play games below 1080p too... so this patch is more important than my issues with day-1 patches.

Next time do the job right Ubisoft... that's the minimum I expect from any dev.

Around the Network

At 30fps for a current gen game ?! Wow next gen consoles altogether are a disappointment. -_-

Seems like the ps4 now needs the internet to make games better...

"Breakness awaits" 11-15-2013

XxTheOneAndOnlyxX said:

You probably won't be here much longer after reading your other atrocious posts. 

:/

Around the Network
XxTheOneAndOnlyxX said:

Pff typical comment out of you. What's with all the flaming all of a sudden?

The PS4/Xbone comparisons lately, really seem to have hurt some people's feelings!

How about adding to the discussion or just not commenting?

fatslob-:O said:
At 30fps for a current gen game ?! Wow next gen consoles altogether are a disappointment. -_-

Agreed. It's not like this game is pushing anything that a mid-end PC wouldn't be able to run at 60FPS, it's barely better than the current-gen versions, except in the resolution department.

Man, 8th gen games are so poorly optimized at the moment.

I'm surprised they managed to get 900p on the X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It is disheartening to hear this. I expected more out of the PS4.

Ryse on XBO - 900p 30fps
Assassins creed on PS4 - (with patch)1080p 30fps...

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?