By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I've been watching Knack on twitch...

Tagged games:

...and it looks kinda good.  I'm not sure why most reviewers hated it so much.   It reminds me of several other platformers I've played, it's pretty and holds it's picture well.  Yes, I do see what looks like lagging from time to time.  Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but doesn't seem to make it unplayable.

I haven't exactly figured out the story, as I've also been working and distracted.  Granted, I've just been watching the streams and not playing.  It's always different to play, but it looks kinda fun game.

Have you guys been enjoying it?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

No, Zappykins, No! Don't think for yourself. Listen to the reviewers. They get paid to think for you.

I've been told it harkens back to the older platformers, such as the likes of Crash. Some may have thought it was archaic or lacked evolution. If that's the case, I'm going to give it a shot still. Sly suffered from this as well, and that's why it received less than stellar reviews from some rating bodies. My thing is, if it's not broke then no need to make alterations. That's a major reason why we're not getting a new Jak game. Change the formula for "modernity" and you piss off fans but stick too close to it and it will be perceived as a dinosaur, especially by reviewing bodies.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

well some of the reviews said it doesn't really give you a choice on when you get big or not if they want you big your big plus they didn't like that they have you use the blocks to open a door but right after the door they give you blocks but its up you i don't really listen to reviews

I was watching Yoshida stream it.

It looked okay. Just a bit frustrating as he was getting 1-2 shot killed all the time and the constant return to checkpoint was boring and annoying me. Not sure which difficulty he was playing, though - probably on Hard.

If I were playing the game I'd probably given up much faster on it. Doesn't look like something I'd buy but then again action/platform is not usually my thing.

Around the Network

Yeah I think it's pretty good. Us core gamers really need to play on hard. I absolutely love that the game itself changes based off difficulty, not just attack and health stats.

Zappykins said:

...and it looks kinda good.  I'm not sure why most reviewers hated it so much.   It reminds me of several other platformers I've played, it's pretty and holds it's picture well.  Yes, I do see what looks like lagging from time to time.  Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but doesn't seem to make it unplayable.

I haven't exactly figured out the story, as I've also been working and distracted.  Granted, I've just been watching the streams and not playing.  It's always different to play, but it looks kinda fun game.

Have you guys been enjoying it?

Wait a minute ? This game looks good ? I ain't too sure about you but it looks boring. 

Been watching these guys the whole day. Awesome PS4 show they're putting up. They're on a break now. So wait 5 minutes and they will continue. They've showing the UI so far, the camera, Resogun and just now Playroom. Next is Knack.

http://www.twitch.tv/ffstv

Somini said:

Been watching these guys the whole day. Awesome PS4 show they're putting up. They're on a break now. So wait 5 minutes and they will continue. They've showing the UI so far, the camera, Resogun and just now Playroom. Next is Knack.

http://www.twitch.tv/ffstv

No man watch this: http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

Is there a demo or something?