By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo goes PS4!

Tagged games:

Would you play Nintendo on PS4?

NEVER! I would quit gaming FOREVER! 196 32.83%

Yeah sure, the best of bo... 291 48.74%

Nope, but I would keep gaming! 60 10.05%

Why no PC and Xbox One? :( 50 8.38%

Total:597

We have to face it, the Wii U sales are apocalyptical. The Wii U is doing so bad that I think it's doing records, negative ones of course. I belived it could do a turn around but lately, I think that's impossible. They are losing money on the Wii u and if the console doesn't show a sign of recovery this could be Nintendo's last home console. People say: "They alway have the 3DS" but, maybe that's not enough. Maybe Nintendo sees it fit to put their franchises on the PS4.

Now this is a scenario that could be true (if things get really fucked up). Now supposse that Nintendo doesn't want to release their games on Xbox One and PC. Only on PS4. New Super Mario Bros 3 only for PS4. Metroid Prime 4 only for PS4!!! ... The Legend of Zelda X Uncharted crossover... only for PS4.

Would you keep playing Nintendo games? Even if it's on Ps4? Even if they crossover Mario with Ratchet and Clank? Or Zelda with Uncharted? Or Metroid Prime with Killzone?

This is  all hyptohetical of course.

I'll be first and be honest. I would quit Nintendo games and start looking for games in other places. Maybe get a PC that works properly and has a nice pair of speakers, something my current PC lacks.

Anyway what would you do guys?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

After the aggressive refusal, I'd probably migrate to PS4.

I'd rather them going to PC though.

As long as the games are fun then I'd go for it. The platforms I play them on doesn't really make a difference as long as they're good games. And a Ratchet Mario crossover sounds cool by the way :D Loved Crack in Time and Mario Galaxy was good.

while i would like the idea of nintendo games on PS4 (more games is always better!) i would be really saddened that nintendo would have left the console market, so no, i wouldnt want it to happen.

morenoingrato said:
After the aggressive refusal, I'd probably migrate to PS4.

I'd rather them going to PC though.

And what would your favourite crossover would be? Metroid Prime with Killzone? With dedicated servers and hardcore multiplayer action!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

If the Wii U was dropped Nintendo would just focus on the 3DS. Theres no hypothetical where they make games for Sony. Its their strong point, if they dilute it they will go the way of SEGA.

Personally, i dont even play that many Nintendo games, so even in that hypothetical it wouldnt make a difference to me. All i would get is Zelda and fire emblem.

I looooooooooooooove Nintendo and their games.

But its just their consoles that I'm not overly fond off.

N64 would have been much better with CD, more economical controler

GameCube should have been DVD compatible and more adult looking

Wii was a double edge sword as it built up a massive console base of casual gamers

The WiiU was poorly marketed and to gimicky.

All the Nintendo consoles cost them third parties bar the Wii which only got casual games for the most part.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

bananaking21 said:
while i would like the idea of nintendo games on PS4 (more games is always better!) i would be really saddened that nintendo would have left the console market, so no, i wouldnt want it to happen.

What crossover would you want to see?

Nem said:

If the Wii U was dropped Nintendo would just focus on the 3DS. Theres no hypothetical where they make games for Sony. Its their strong point, if they dilute it they will go the way of SEGA.

Personally, i dont even play that many Nintendo games, so even in that hypothetical it wouldnt make a difference to me. All i would get is Zelda and fire emblem.

So you would be fine with it? what would your favourite crossover be? Fire Emblem with Demon Souls or something like that?

I would buy them for my cell phone, table, even my car radio. The Nintendo library is not replaceable. I would do what it takes to make sure that they don't go the way of Disney!

It is near the end of the end....