By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is your expectation for Xbox One?

Tagged games:

How much do you expect from the black beast?

A lot!!! 18 56.25%

Just more than the competition. 3 9.38%

Microsoft will make it rain on the beats! 10 31.25%

Total:31

I have high expectations for Xbox 1 due to Microsoft's "flip" on the market to beef up it's first party and third party studios.

I didn't expect much games this year in the beggining of 2013, but for my surprise MS will overwhelm gamers in X1's release date.

2014 is when the carpet will roll out, lights flash and action happens. There are multiple studios with numerous teams working on new IPs to shine in the coming years.

I would like to know the consensus in the Xbox community, but before I pass the word to you let me leave you a list of MS studios for reference:

United States

• Good Science Studio – Kinect Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs
  • Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment – Next generation fitness project - Original IP
  • Microsoft Studios – Los Angeles –Responsible for creating exclusive TV series on Xbox Live – Quantum Break TV series, Halo TV series

Europe

Canada

Asia

I didn't even include third parties that are some of the best in the industry.

Around the Network

To work..

I'm looking forward to what MS has in store. I'm hoping they'll have a lot of new games lined up for it. I'd prefer for them to be true exclusives, but we'll see. Either way, if they do well and bring their "A" game it's good for Sony and Nintendo, and good for me. XD

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:
I'm looking forward to what MS has in store. I'm hoping they'll have a lot of new games lined up for it. I'd prefer for them to be true exclusives, but we'll see. Either way, if they do well and bring their "A" game it's good for Sony and Nintendo, and good for me. XD

They have enough IPs to keep their internal and external studios for the whole X1 iteration.

I hope Rare goes back to making real games this gen.

Around the Network

Owned franchises and properties

Goatseye said:
Weedlab said:

They have enough IPs to keep their internal and external studios for the whole X1 iteration.

That's true, but if they'll employ them is another. I would REALLY like a Conker game from them, along with some other stuff in their stables. I get the sense they're not messing around, and they have $$$ to spare, so at this point I'll relax and take notes. I'm expecting good stuff from them.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I think they should put a poll on XBL and have people vote for IPs to be developed. They have a lot yet develop few.

^I wanna see a new Jet Force Genimi, Blue Dragon and Blinx

Weedlab said:
Goatseye said:
Weedlab said:

That's true, but if they'll employ them is another. I would REALLY like a Conker game from them, along with some other stuff in their stables. I get the sense they're not messing around, and they have $$$ to spare, so at this point I'll relax and take notes. I'm expecting good stuff from them.

Hope they dedicate more time developing games this time around.

Killer Instinct made Rare think about rebooting their franchises, in the words of Phil Spencer.